What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Multipule monitors laptop

Overclocker~4.1

1X Laptop
1X PC monitor
+ 1 HD TV

Hello everyone, I need to find a way to have a laptop run its own monitor plus a PC monitor aaaand, a HDTV. Problem is the laptop only has one VGA output and is being used by the PC monitor.

What device can i use to split or add on more monitor ports without slowing down the Laptops functions?

sexpot

does the laptop have support for a docking station? i know lenovo has docks for their laptops and you can connect multiple inputs to it.

enaberif

1X Laptop
1X PC monitor
+ 1 HD TV

Hello everyone, I need to find a way to have a laptop run its own monitor plus a PC monitor aaaand, a HDTV. Problem is the laptop only has one VGA output and is being used by the PC monitor.

What device can i use to split or add on more monitor ports without slowing down the Laptops functions?

EVGA | USB Devices | EVGA UV Plus+

grinder

Yup, a Lenovo MiniDock Plus series 3 (with compatible Thinkpad series notebook) will give you the output options you need.

Also the Matrox DualHead 2Go series works okay, but the Thinkpad option is much more elegant.

sexpot

i forget which model exactly, but there should be a compatible dock that has 1 vga, 1 dvi and 1 display port. i've found the drivers for display port not really mature yet and can cause problems with the display. for instance, some of our monitors at work wont turn on again after you power them down and would need to restart the pc for the monitor to be recognized again.

Latest posts