What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Must Have programs for Windows?

Skippman

I forgot several apps in a package made by the good old Redfox formally Slysoft for all my DVD/BD ripping backup needs

I wondered what happened to Slysoft after they got that big lawsuit filed against them. I find MakeMKV works great for most things. LibreMode is a game changer for ripping.

gingerbee

Ya I have never used MakeMKV before heard good things but for ripping DVD backups I used Slysoft/Redfox and still do then use handbrake for encoding needs

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I'm trying out Makemkv for the first time because I'm tired of dropping dvds and blurays into my old htib that's dying.
I'm trying an old TV show first, which did throw an "illegal request"/scrambled sector/copyright protection error, but seems to be running okay.
Kinda surprised write protection is even a thing in 2020. You almost can't rent any physical shows or movies anywhere anymore, which means I legally own these discs and should be able to make a legal backup to my file server without any headaches at all. But Handbrake couldn't handle this old show and scrambled it badly, so we'll see how Makemkv goes before I try the Redfox stuff.