What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Muzzle Flash III: White Death

dragoonxx

You are actually giving me an idea, since I do volunteer work for the Honor Flight Network ( https://www.honorflight.org/ ).

I've been wanting to mess around with an Intel NUC and maybe I will do a WWII/Korean War themed build based around a NUC (which is only like 4"x4"x1.5")

I bet I find a plastic model (I know a truck or a tank or something) and build the NUC into that model, paint it up as a WWII item and then have it sit on top this build. Then I could run the DC power to it, have my wireless keyboard and mouse link to it, have it connect to the internet via WiFi, and then I just have to run an HDMI cable to my second monitor and poof ... instant web surfing/media streamer.

I wonder if I could find a model of a P51D Mustang that is large enough to hold the NUC where the wings meet the fuselage.

164-a-1280.jpg

would a 1:24 be large enough (http://www.amazon.ca/Airfix-A14001-American-Military-Aircraft/dp/B0002HZWX6) or would you need larger?
looks like anything larger than 1:24 is balsa

'47 Knucklehead

would a 1:24 be large enough (Airfix A14001 1:24 Scale North American P-51D Mustang Military Aircraft Classic Kit Series 14, Hobbies - Amazon Canada) or would you need larger?
looks like anything larger than 1:24 is balsa

Might be. Here is someone who built the 1/24th scale P-51 Mustang, and from all the pictures, especially the ones shown in his hands, it MIGHT work. No real way to tell. I'm just not sure if there is enough height to hide a NUC in there.

Airfix P-51 Mustang 1/24th Scale - Part 1 | Large Scale Planes

I know I could easily hide a Raspberry Pi in there with no problems ... and I have 2 sitting in my drawer.

WolfBane

Well i don't see why you couldnt find a model on ebay , just get the diminsions you want ....
And yes i was thinking about your donating time to vets and such and there era was ww2 or korea
would be a very nice setup i am sure :)
get ya an air brush setup so you could paint the actual colors to real detail etc etc :)

and btw ya gotta love that era of a plane the p51 was a killer:)

WolfBane

Might be. Here is someone who built the 1/24th scale P-51 Mustang, and from all the pictures, especially the ones shown in his hands, it MIGHT work. No real way to tell. I'm just not sure if there is enough height to hide a NUC in there.

Airfix P-51 Mustang 1/24th Scale - Part 1 | Large Scale Planes

I know I could easily hide a Raspberry Pi in there with no problems ... and I have 2 sitting in my drawer.
Wow what a great site i missed it at first lol then i seen your link :)
love ww2 era myself as well as korean and nam ...

WolfBane

you know you could even rig the landing gear to raise and lower as well as flaps or maybe a canopy that could slide open and closed , alls it would take is a micro servo or etc etc etc

10e

Off topic, but that would be an epic NUC, '47 Knucklehead!

The P51 and P40 planes were some of my favourite WW II US AF planes. I also loved the Corsair with its weird gull-wings and navy blue paint.

Let's see some more white death now!!!

I mean now!

:)

'47 Knucklehead

Sorry it's been a long time, a LOT has happened to me as of late. Aside from trying to retire, buying a new place, medical issues, and most debilitating my mother dying, I just haven't felt the desire to mod much.

But that will soon change. I've worked on a couple minor cables and I'm about to change the loop around a bit.

I'll be back soon.

Lysrin

Very sorry to hear about the issues and especially for the loss of your mother. Take care of yourself.

Latest posts

Twitter