What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

MX1000 fatal error

bissa

after installing my new PSU (I doubt this has any effect, but I did have to pull apart my computer) when I started up my computer after plugging everything back in, my logitech MX1000 mouse wont work.
it starts installing but then the windows hardware install wizard comes up with "fatal error occurred during installation".
I have tried it in different onboard USB ports, a USB back plate that I installed, and on a hub and none of them worked, but it worked fine on my laptop.
any suggestions?

gingerbee

usb plugs not getting enough power had this happen many a time on clients machines. normally when the power supply is going

bissa

the power supply is a brand new corsair HX850W, the problem started when I installed it. I doubt it is dieing this quickly.

bissa

apparently I had a corrupted driver that I thought I had uninstalled, but since I had setpoint it stuck around without me knowing, so now that I had uninstalled setpoint I went back to check the drivers and deleted the driver again and restarted. when it came back up the mouse worked fine.

Latest posts

Twitter