What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My drivers license exam tmr, any advice?

Kayen

Thanks for ALLLL the support guys.
Love the bunch here :) .
Anyways i'm off to take the exam .
I'm gonna ace this. I'm gonna ace this. I'm gonna ace this. I'm gonna ace this. I'm gonna ace this. (LOL just keep saying it myself , and maybe it'll happen)

KeepSix

• wear a baseball hat or offset your rear-view mirror so it's easier for the examiner to see your head moving
  • wear light shoes so he can see your feet easier (covering the brake)
  • use an instructor car if that's an option (2nd brake makes them relax a bit)
  • clean the car, especially the glass
  • do not back your car in when you arrive, or they will think you suck at it (even though defensive driving suggests you always back in
automatic fails include:

• incomplete stopping
  • speeding
  • reversing without looking back
  • endangering pedestrians (make sure they are more than 1/2 way across...)
  • failing to yield right of way

The biggest hurdle is nerves. Try to relax. You're allowed to make tons of mistakes, and you probably will. Just watch out for the "deal-breaker" ones. Ultimately, the examiner will look at your skills overall. You have to remember, this is the last chance they have to set you straight. Any errors you do now may be carried out for the next 70 years.
Happy trails!:thumb:

six minutes too late..... *sigh*

Kayen

Passed! passed ! passed ! yay, thanks for the last minute advice KeepSix, let's see what i did wrong ....:
Did not signal & shoulder check during uphill parking.
Late lane change
Road position - Straddles Lane

I ALMOST FAILED.
Barely passed apparently .
Thank gosh.

Thanks guys ! I was shaking reaaaaalll hard .

TIME TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET MY RIG BACVK UP SO I CAN START FOLDING AGAIN AS A THANKS :) :clap:

Last edited:

miggs78

Like ^^ he said, a pass is a pass.. congrats Kayen..

Drive Safe.. :)

You passed from a brown guy, like tell him thank you, take him out, buy him some veggie hoddogs (hot dogs).. :haha:

bojangles

My friend told me to wear a baseball cap and put your rear-view mirror up higher so that they can clearly so you're checking behind you.
Checking blindspots, whether turning left or right, is crucial.
Many of the drive instructors have different opinions on parking. Some tick you for not using your mirrors efficiently, while others tick you for looking back too much.
Also, look both ways even before a traffic light and maintain speed. They will not like it if you slow down too much at a traffic light.
Always watch the pedestrian crossing lights, as they will give you ample notice if the light will turn yellow soon.
Keep turning to a calm turn. You do not want them to feel much centripetal force on them, and they will ding you for that.
NO ROLLING STOPS! I can't say how many times I've seen this, but it's a lot.

There a couple other things, but those are some of the comments that have come from both my test and my friends'. I only had a problem with a sharp turn as it was turn yellow as I entered the intersection, but other than that I was flawless.

I know you're already doing your test or whatever, but come back and let us know! It's okay if you fail the first or second time. Just means you have more time to practice!