What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My First Air/Water Cooling attempt -kinda-

fefox

so the heat from one GTX 295 folding was just about killing me (I have no aircon) im about to fire up 2 more.. so I decided to try and COOL the room down... with stuff I had laying around.... so far its working great.

my house is ancient, its got a basement with a well in it and about a 35 gallon SUMP pit.. the water table is almost as high as the floor in my basement so im pumping out the sump pit about every 5 mins, the water in the pit is COLD like 55F so cold you can't keep your hand in it for long before your muscles stop working and it hurts like hell..

I put a small pond pump into the sump that sends water upstairs to the computer room thru a small rad with two blowers on it and then the water returns to the sump. nice part is the sump is emptied every 5 mins outside and fresh COLD water starts to refill the sump..

now It's freezing in here!!

what im thinking of now is a sealed enclosure with the rad in it pumping all the heat out... and keeping my room quiet! the blower on high is im guessing about 70db

Ive had it running for a few days on top of this rubber lid cause it does drip condenstate at times.. :biggrin:

Prof. Dr. Silver

Me thinks you should connect the tubing straight to the waterblocks for the ultimate chill!!! Watch out for that condensation though :)

Arinoth

Staff member
Me thinks you should connect the tubing straight to the waterblocks for the ultimate chill!!! Watch out for that condensation though :)

That always got me thinking, if done properly, could you put a computer in a fridge/freezer and have it run (if you were able to somehow manage the condensation)? Sorry for the off topic, that little ingenuity is amazing none the less what the op did.

fefox

It would be nice to run that cold water into the system but the condensation would FLOOD the case in no time, now if I could seal the case in a dry environment it would be great...

SO if I seal that RAD into a box, put the case into it, run the BOX RAD for a few mins to drop the temp and humidty, then have a closed loop coolant in the PC running to a heat echanger with the cold water side, it should work fine and NO condensation.

but for now it was just to remove heat from the room so I can stand being in it :)

Perineum

Just have your "well rad" blowing into a spare PC case, which has to exit by going through your WC cooling rad.... should work, no? ... and no condensation?

Latest posts