What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My first PC Build

WwWwWw

I am building a pc with a budget of 1500 to 1600 $ And I would love to get som feedback on the parts I'm thinking of using.
I plan on buying everything on amazon.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F gaming
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8-GB
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200
SSD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Performance SSHD
PSU: Corsair CX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified
Case: MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower 907

Other
Monitor: Sceptre 30-inch Curved Gaming Monitor 21:9
Cables: Rosewill Case Fan Splitter Cable x2

Bond007

My suggestions

- go to newer ryzen 3600 or 3700X
- case - really not familiar with that one, but its your call
- power supply is acceptable, but I would go to seasonic focus plus gold or evga g3 (650 watt is more than enough)
- I would drop the firecuda, since they aren't really very good IMO. Home much storage space do you need? a since 1tb nvme ssd is what I would recommend if it fits in the budget (sx8200 / sx8200 pro / mp610 / a few other depending on price)

Is it solely for gaming?

EDIT: I forgot to say that there are games that don't support ultrawidescreen. Personally I would stick to 16:9 ratio.

JD

Staff member
I forgot to say that there are games that don't support ultrawidescreen. Personally I would stick to 16:9 ratio.
And I would say the opposite, I haven't found any game in recent times that doesn't support ultrawide and I can never go back to 16:9.

WwWwWw

Thanks for the tips.
I have switched to a 7 3700 and a Cougar GXS750 80-Plus Gold. Still haven't found any replacement the firecuda but thanks for the tip. Also do you know anything about the monitor I am unsure if it's a good monitor.

I have Decided to use the firecuda until i can buy a pretty powerful one.

Bond007

not sure on the quality of cougar power supplies. Likely lower end. Please research the power supply you are picking if you don't go with a known solid one (for example the ones I mentioned), they keep all your new kit running.

JD seems to like that ratio monitor, so maybe the issues people were having with 21:9 have been resolved.

I don't understand how you haven't found anything to replace the firecuda...there are dozens of faster/better choices. How much storage do you need? Do you do anything write intensive, or just general use and gaming?

WwWwWw

You're right, I'm just a bit stressed out because it's my first build an it's a lot of money for me. I should take it slow and think more about it.

JD

Staff member
I'm not sure about Spectre as a brand of monitor I'd buy, but it seems to have good reviews on Amazon, so people seem to like it.

Are you in the US or Canada or? That'll help us determine pricing.

The PSU Bond007 mentioned is only $99 on Amazon US, the Cougar you listed is $78, so for the $12 difference, the Seasonic is a much better choice: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073H33X7R and is fully modular too so you have less extra cables hanging around in your case.

Generally speaking, Corsair Dominator Platinums are expensive, but maybe you're going for the looks? Usually G.SKILL is a more affordable option and you can still have RGB.

I'd say get a 500GB or 1TB NVMe SSD, the Corsair MP510, HP EX950, Adata SX8200 Pro would all suffice. Supplement it with a 1-2TB HDD if you need more storage space instead of the FireCuda drive.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter