What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My. Head. Hurts.

Bootrec

I sooo don't understand... now we have an iPhone 8 AND an iPhone X (ten)... WTF? And still no USB C connector (or Thunderbolt in Apple Speak). I mean... I... wut... sure, upgraded processor and gpu... how fast can it possibly need to be? A glass back? when those break.. they really break... and they usually draw blood. So you put a case on that shinny glass... and what happens to your inductive charging then? I'm an Android fanboy obviously but support iApple in my house (house divided).

JD

Staff member
For what it's worth, wireless charging works through most cases. I had a case on my Nexus 5 and Galaxy S3 and they both charged perfectly fine through their cases.

It really looks like Apple was late to the game though. The Galaxy S8 has effectively all the same features (but I don't like Samsung phones).

Lysrin

I just love (read sarcasm) how Apple seems to add things to their products and present it as if they invented it through some mystical mix of magic and alchemy. When I heard on the radio this morning while driving to work that they were (tech reporter's words) "bringing AR to the masses" I almost went off the road rolling my eyes! I don't deny that they make a nice product but the whole thing gets so darn tiresome. I was also a little pleased to see that Essential Phone beat them to the punch with changing the shape of the top of the screen to accommodate sensors, camera etc. In reality they do introduce things to the masses in one way because so many people buy iPhones. I just don't like the presentation of the tech that totally ignores the fact the other devices have had the same or similar tech for months beforehand.

Perhaps Google will do something equally showman-like and silly with their new Pixel line launch but I'm hoping not.

And yeah... glass. I don't really get that one either. Cool looking I suppose?

D

Dark Knight

Apple products are like a cult to be honest. Even if they are late to the game and have features that have already been introduced (and Apple marketing it as revolutionary) their consumer base will still lineup and buy their products. I mean they took a massive step back with the iPhone 7 and the removal of a headphone jack and now their introducing two SKU's and adding even more confusion and already introduced features. Apple knows how to market their product I'll admit that. However it's hard for their current lineup to really differentiate itself from competing Android flagships especially from Samsung.

Latest posts