What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My honor and privilege

Soultribunal

Staff member
I don't often agree with enaberif, but it is pretty bad.

The site is 'Real Hardware Reviews' started by a former HWC member (and presumably others).

*Mods I'm assuming mentioning the site isn't a problem (it's in people's sig afterall) but feel free to edit this if it's an issue*

Zero problem mentioning that site FK. I have had it in my signature since it was started.

-ST

Caldezar

End of an era. Sorry to see you go, and just as sorry to be witnessing the end of the written reviews. Personally, I'll take the in-depth written reviews any day over the 'flash media' style videos. But I'm aware I'm in the minority with the rest of the dinosaurs.

Queue "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles

gingerbee

I checked out RHR but really don't like their layout. Pretty sure I am just so stuck on HWC layout, But maybe they should just really focus on videos and the production of them than written reviews. but what do I know

Linus for fun quick look at things but actual hardcore overclocking/ gamers nexus for deep dives / jayztwocents / UDF / UDF hot news / wan show/ sometimes Barnacules Nerdgasm. these are my tech go to's.

Herne

End of an era. Sorry to see you go, and just as sorry to be witnessing the end of the written reviews. Personally, I'll take the in-depth written reviews any day over the 'flash media' style videos. But I'm aware I'm in the minority with the rest of the dinosaurs.

Queue "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles

Same here. Video just means I can't quickly parse to get the information I need when I need it.

Valkyrie

Yes I've been missing the written reviews also.....us dinosaurs eh?...

Video just doesn't cut it for tech review of any depth.

Edit: It's good for guitar tutorials though......I'm not anti-video or anything.....

Last edited:

dragoonxx

I've always preferred written reviews myself, as well- way easier to (at least attempt) to cross compare a few generations/sites than try to pause a video at exactly the right frame. Sad to see them go, and you as well AKG.

clshades

Every time I put on my akg headphones I will think of you man. By far some of the best advice for people searching SSD's etc, me included. You are truly one of the last great samurai's of written reviews on the interwebs and will be very, sadly missed. Many great wishes to you and yours in the future.

If you ever wanna come for a ski at bigwhite look me up. Accommodation and hot tub is on me and I can sleep 4 extras comfortably. 6 if there's kids.

All the best!
-Dean

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Every time I put on my akg headphones I will think of you man. By far some of the best advice for people searching SSD's etc, me included. You are truly one of the last great samurai's of written reviews on the interwebs and will be very, sadly missed. Many great wishes to you and yours in the future.

If you ever wanna come for a ski at bigwhite look me up. Accommodation and hot tub is on me and I can sleep 4 extras comfortably. 6 if there's kids.

All the best!
-Dean

Well, I want to come ski at big white...