What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My NCIX experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

go flames go

So here's the story. On the 31st of March I placed an order on NCIX.com for 5 computer components. The total came to around 1600 Canadian dollars. I also made sure I purchased the express RMA for all the components if something went wrong a quick fix could be done. I get the components and they work fine... at first.

I proceeded to build the computer and after the first night everything went great, I turned the computer off and this is when all hell breaks loose. I try to turn the system on next afternoon and nothing no post no nothing, no beeps. For people interested I posted the specs of the build in the new builds section. Anyway it just wouldnt turn on immediatly I thought psu or motherboard or CPU ( purchased these locally, NOT from NCIX.) so I tried taking out ram sticks, one at a time and nothing, then I went on to thee expansion cards. I take out the soun card (purchased from NCIX) and one of the two GTX 295 (purchased from NCIX) it WORKED! So immediatly I thought yea the motherboard.

After testing for a while to get to the bottom of the problem I took in the motherboard to the local store and I told him the issue and he immediatly swapped er for me. I went home hooked it up on a bench test and.... nothing. Still only works when 1 expansion card is in. I proceed to think it was the power supply so I brought in the power supply... got a replacement and ........ NOTHING!! PSU wont even turn on. What in god's name is going on here? (this power supply was actually DOA) So after getting another rma done on PSU I asked the guy to test it at the store for me. It worked.

Brought it home hooked er up on the bench test and once again only 1 expansion card would work at a time. At this point im googling like a mad man to find out whats going on here and no issues about this I could find. So I think well ok besides the expansions cards not working together the last thing is the cpu (also bought locally) so I bring it into the store and at this point the guy at the store is getting pissed at me asking why i keep bringing stuff in for rma. I tell him the issue and he asks me to bring it in so I do. Same problem wouldnt boot up. I had an old 8600gt lying around aswell as an old3 sound blaster audigy card (really old one) we tested it with the 8600gt and the sound card and it booted up.

I told him about it working the first night and he said there might have been a blown capictors on the first motherboard that could have caused the issue. Still strange.

Anyway I proceed to setup an RMA on NCIX and since I purchased the express rma it would be a brease right? WRONG. The NCOX employess didnt really help me technically, and in my case tried to do everything in there power to say it was some other components fault.

ANYWAY after opening the message ticket and arguing with an employee he tells me all they can do is send it in and get them tested which can take up to 3 weeks if there busy. WOW unaccpetable, it clearly states on their express RMA Page "In the rare case you have PROBLEMS with the item you purchased they can be replaced in a HASSLE FREE way" I am haing problems, and its not being dealt with in a hassle free way. So I say fine I'm just going to get a refund and take my buisness elsewhere. WRONG.

One empolyee sends me a message saying my RMAhas been accepted but once again takes up to 3 weeks for testings + longer for the refund cause I paid with paypal ( 20 days to get a refund on paypal????!?!?!?!? BS.) + I would not get refunded on the express rma I paid for the items because its part of insurance for shipping? NO IT'S NOT. I understand not being refunded for the shipping I paid and the insurance I paid but the express RMA has nothing to do with that at ALL. And it seems like they wont even honor it.

Aswell, after they test it if there staff comes to the conclusion nothing is wrong you get docked 15% restocking....mmmm good service there. So yea im out 1600 bucks. Oh well atleast I have a gtx 295 for a paper weight and a sound card to feed to my dog. I sent a message to a manager there waiting for a response, Im also going to file a compaint with the BBB. Stick to newegg people.

"30 Days Worry-Free Coverage
With ExpressRMA you get 30 days (from the time an order is shipped) of worry free coverage, with as few hassles as possible in the case that something doesn't work.
Faster RMA Service!
We immediately replace any defective items covered by ExpressRMA with a replacement straight from our extensive inventory. That means you don't have to wait for a manufacturer to to repair or replace, or regular RMA processing to test and process your RMA request.
Next Business Return RMA Shipments!*
With ExpressRMA, we offer FREE expedited shipping back to you on any items that qualify for Express Shipping service - this includes hard drives, memory and many more products. You pay for the shipping of the item to us, and we provide you with fast product replacement and overnight delivery!
ExpressRMA Instant Replacement!
For even faster service, customers who have purchased the Insurance with ExpressRMA option have another ExpressRMA option to choose from. Simply purchase the product in question again from us - we process and ship your new order for the replacement product immediately. When we receive the RMA'ed item back from you we will immediatly credit/refund back the second item."

This is the express rma page. Im filing a compaint with the BBB because they are not following through on the service I purchased so they basically stole my money so I can file a criminal charge on them.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I probably would have read that if there was a little bit of punctuation. As it is, I've tried twice and haven't been able to make it past the first couple of lines........ :)

M

member 3099

I had to highlight it so I didn't lose my place, try sticking in some paragraphs or something.

llama_egg

I've honestly never had problems with NCIX, and order a good 3/4th of my parts from there on a normal basis. Also, don't most retail chains have a restocking fee?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
See, this thread means nothing for me. You describe very clearly how you handled the issue at your local store, but write a single paragraph about how you were mistreated by NCIX employees. What did you RMA with NCIX anyway?

As for RMA testing, yes it can take upto 3 weeks, if they are really busy. Paypal? That's not NCIX's fault. As for the Express RMA, you cannot be refunded since you are using it, with your RMA setup.

I will still buy from NCIX - I did that last night, actually.

LionRed

One of the vid cards bad? Or you tried them one at a time? Bad bridge for SLI?

Gotta love computers .....some just like to be born into the world....and some will fight you tooth and nail not to be born :censored:

As for NCIX...they have always treated me well. RMA's and anything else.

go flames go

See, this thread means nothing for me. You describe very clearly how you handled the issue at your local store, but write a single paragraph about how you were mistreated by NCIX employees. What did you RMA with NCIX anyway?

As for RMA testing, yes it can take upto 3 weeks, if they are really busy. Paypal? That's not NCIX's fault. As for the Express RMA, you cannot be refunded since you are using it, with your RMA setup.

I will still buy from NCIX - I did that last night, actually.

What the hell are you talking about? Im not doing an RMA steup? Paypal does NOT take 20 days to get a refund under ANY circumstance. Im not even using express RMA they wont let me.

Status
Not open for further replies.