What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My new gtx 1080 is giving me low frames

rhine76

Hey guys! I bought a new system no more than 5 months ago.... I used it fine for three months then my PC started thermal throttling for no reason... Had to RMA motherboard... But now my performance in games has fallen well below usual standards... I see stutters in games like Ori and the Blind Forest.... The benchmark on Rise Of the Tomb Raider showed that my average frames are below 60... Far Cry Primal is VERY laggy.... I highly doubt this is supposed to be the performance of my PC that too at 1080p

My specs are:
MSI Z170A gaming m5
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz
i5 6600k @4.2ghz
Armageddon 80plusgold 600watt PSU
Thermaltake water 3.0 extreme s

Pls help guys... TIA

turtletrax

Banned
You can also load gpu-z and open the monitor tab and see if it is perf-capping and what the Perfcap reason is.

Boost 3.0 is a nightmare if you are hitting high temps.

On2wheels

A Steam friend has similar issues with his 1080 which baffles me considering the performance it should have, but he's running 2 screens, and I bet he doesn't have software configured correctly (full screen vs borderless or what have you). Assuming your power supply isn't borked (or as someone said the pins pushed out of gpu power cables) are you running multiple screens?

clshades

Welcome to msi gaming. Run dpc latency software and report back here... take a screenshot idling and another gaming. It can run in the back ground while u play.

Latest posts

Twitter