What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My O/C story

matsta31

I am trying to O/C my E8400. I facing some issue when it is time to stabilise it. I have run out of idea about what to try so I am turning to you guys....

First my system :

Asus Maximus Se watercooled north bridge
4 X 1 gig ocz 9200 Reaper
e8400

Stressing/monitoring software :

- orthos, and I run the small FFT blend test
- Cpu-z to monitor ram timings and V-core
- Speed fan and real temp to monitor Cpu temp
- Asus Probe II for norhtbridge/Ram Temp and Volts.
- Win amp with the new weezer for my enjoyment !

My problem is the following,

can't seem to get 3.8 ghz orthos stable more than 1 hour (failed at 30 minutes and 50 minutes)

current settings are (all idle) :

V-core : 1.344 V
North bridge : 1.54 V
FSBT : 1.39
RAM : 2.03 V (these where setted automatically, i'll bump up to 2.1V, what ocz is saying, I'll report what it does)

Ram timings are what the baird is giving me automatically.

Everything is under water, so temperature of CPU is not really an issue. It goes on full load around 50-52. My norht bridge does touch the 45 degrees at these voltage. I read on the web that this could be a problem with the maximus board (unstabel around 47 ish). Maybe try re-seating it with better TIM ?

anyway I am open to suggestions.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Raise the Vcore to 1.4V. If that's stable, then you've found your culprit. Then lower it until unstable. Or raise the FSB until you reach 4.0 GHz...

matsta31

After seing the kind of voltage and limited gain in gaming went back down to 3.8 for 1.36 idle. Thanks for the help people !

Latest posts