What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My Seasonic TX-750W tripped breaker or it was halogen bulb in bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sew333

PC: Aorus AD27QD

AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING

Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock

2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP

9700K STOCK

Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Pc was on idle and monitor was on. Other devices like tv,washer off. So not circuit overload. 2 weeks ago something tripped 2 small circuit breakers . All electricity lights and sockets went down .Then.......i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned.

What tripped breaker? Halogen Bulb or Seasonic psu of my pc?

Like i said pc working normally after that outage.But i am worried about my psu.

Thx for helping me. I am not cooled down<lol>.

clshades

That circuit sounds like it's overloaded. You'd need a clamp meter at the breaker box to know what it's pulling with everything on. Switch your halogen for LED. Best thing I ever did man. Took my house lighting from 3500kwh to about 40kwh. More importantly, I don't lose my mind when the lights are left on.

sew333

It was not overload circuit because i had only pc on desktop. Also tv,washer was off. Only 3 halogen bulbs was ON in bathroom. So my question. It was caused by one from three bulb that get burned or psu inside pc?

Entz

If two breakers flipped at the same time I would be concerned there is a multiple wire short somewhere. Could be animal caused, could be heat/mechanical stress/etc.

I would second the "you should get someone to look at it thing". Last thing you want is a fire.

sew333

Not. Because year ago we had washer overloaded and always was tripped 2 breakers. When we put less clothes no tripping. Its just a way what my house is wired.

Entz

Wait are you talking about a double pole breaker (2 arms are linked together aka common trip) or 2 separate independent ones?

If it is a common trip one then its simply because the lamp died (likely shorted) and it took another circuit out with it. That is just bad design imo unless there was a good reason.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Not. Because year ago we had washer overloaded and always was tripped 2 breakers. When we put less clothes no tripping. Its just a way what my house is wired.
Great. Then call an electrician. You clearly know its not the computer PSU and the fault lies with your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Twitter