What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My toshiba laptop wont post after a bios update

Monster1307

Hello everyone,
I was performing an update of my bios and it crahed by doing so. I had to remove the power cord and the battery to turn it off. Since then, when i press the power button (yes i have plugged it back in and put the battery back as well) all i see is the poser led and battery led, all fans come on and the back lit of the monitor and that is it. I do not see any bios or anything... It simply will not post.

I know i need to flash the bios by removing my cmos battery but i do not know how to get there.

I have a toshiba satelite p500.

I hope someone has a solution!!

Thank you,
Brian Prive

odis172

If it did indeed crash while performing the flash update, it's likely that the bios is corrupted. Clearing the cmos may help, but I doubt it. If you want to try that, you should be able to find a guide on line to disconnecting the cmos battery. Im not sure how old it is, or if it would be worth reparing, but you should probably contact Toshiba support about this. Sometimes the authorized service center will have a usb tool that can flash it even if it won't post.

KaptCrunch

rtc batt # VARTA ML1220

500P.pdf manual
CN16
RTC Battery Connectors

sorry you DOA when lost power to laptop

if mainboard support dual bios a reset will get it going again

as odis172 stated authorized service center have to reflash

Latest posts

Twitter