What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Buy NB and SB waterblocks

WolfBane

Ok guys heres the deal .
Every thing i buy or trade is from HWC!!!!
I feel the info and the site along with the staff and members is fantastic !!!!
That being said i buy all my puter stuff here to help support the members and the site.
So i have a MSI MB Neo2 and i am looking for some Water blocks to fit these.
I am a noob and learning but i am going for a full water cooling system or as close as i can get !
So let me know guys and gals:)

sswilson

Staff member

WolfBane

Hey steve heres a link to my MB: GameSpot Forums - The Custom-Built PC Union Board - MSI P35 Neo2-FR Test Review

Please take a look and let me know , i really want water going to all the items i can !!1 lol you all gonna think i am crazy but i like the looks of the wb,s and tubes and such , i mean the cooling part is ok but i just like the looks of a wc system.
Now if i knew all about ocing the things i have i am sure the water would be the best way for me to go lol

P.s. dont know how to add pics here , That the reason for the link lol

sswilson

Staff member
Ouch!!!! I didn't realise that it was a heatpipe on that board. I'll let others chime in here, but my advice would be to leave it as is. It's one thing to slap a northbridge block on, it's another to need to replace NB+SB+VRMs.

(And for pictures here, you can use the VB Image host link at the upper L/H of the top forum bar, but a link works fine).

WolfBane

Lmbo Told you i was a noob LOL I didn't know the NB was under that copper little block you call a heat pipe !!!
So i guess i can't really wc any thing except my cpu and gpu?????

P.S. thanks for the pic link:)

sswilson

Staff member
Lmbo Told you i was a noob LOL I didn't know the NB was under that copper little block you call a heat pipe !!!
So i guess i can't really wc any thing except my cpu and gpu?????

P.S. thanks for the pic link:)
It can be done, but it's quite expensive when you're dealing with a heatpipe that's linked to three different components. You can't just change one, you'd have to remove the whole thing, and replace each component.

Some folks do it for looks, but (IMO) it's not worth doing if you're looking for any kind of WC benefit for higher overclocks.

edit: From a price/performance POV, a person would be better off picking up a newer board if they were having problems with chipset temps.

WolfBane

Well i want the fastest duel core system i can build etc etc , and i love the looks of wcing in genmeral!
Like i said not really an ocer yet till i learn alot!
right now tho i have my x3110 chip running at 4.2 gig so thats not bad i think??
my gskill mem i have set to auto and thats about all iknow :)

let me ask you this what is the best MB i can buy for this system?
I want to stay with my current cpu tho

sswilson

Staff member
I'm thinking that your current motherboard is doing a mighty fine job right now. What are your FSB & Voltage settings?

An E8400 @ 4.2 is going to be pretty hard to beat in current games. I'm sure you're not running into a bottleneck in any way with that.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... the link isn't working because it's your specific account. :)

Now that it's in VBImage host, copy the text in the first block and paste it into the forums.

Latest posts

Twitter