What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NCIX and Direct Canada removed from PC Part Picker

enaberif

Linus Tech Tips talks about the bankruptcy and some other things about NCIX.

https://youtu.be/KMaWSinw4MI?t=41m33s

I can agree on a lot of what he said. Having worked there it always seemed to be completely disorganzed or ran in weird ways.

Langley store had sales quotas for the front counter staff that were to be met, and if they did not they would have to have a talk with management.

When working in the service department you had two fees: walk ins and builds. The build fees were the best if you were busy but the walk-ins got distributed amongst all the stores then split up amongst service techs.

So if your service department was slower than another or vice versa or hard work was shared.

I think I lasted about a year or so and I met quite a few good people including Linus and he was always a good guy. I am glad to see that he was able to successfully find his mark and do as well as he is and perhaps one day when I am in the area I can stop by and say hi.

sswilson

Staff member
Not sure.... the ncix website is still operational and at the very least allows items to be put into your cart, but there's no way I'm going to try buying something from them. :)

One of Greg's last posts laid out changes to the online inventory process in which he claimed that only in-stock items and/or items that will be drop shipped directly from a third party source would be recognized by the system and processed.....

Is that still in place? I have no idea, but I can't imagine any bankruptcy trustee allowing them to keep an online store front active if they weren't able to fill purchase requests. There was also some suggestion along the way that they'd lost their ability to process credit card transactions which would make the whole online presence moot anyways.

Cannon Fodder

Quote:
Computers Canada, DIY PC, NXSource, BestDirect, DirectCanada, MemoryHouse. All these places are sister companies of NCIX.
So are all these places gone?

Hmmm, didn't even know anything about those 1st two, and Googling them doesn't turn up an operational web site, but NCIX's site shows up still, as does NXSource and DirectCanada. If you try to connect to BestDirect, you just end up at DC's site. MemoryHouse seems to have several references in a Google search, but no way to find them directly.

In any case, for all intents & purposes, I'd say they're all gone, unless NCIX somehow manages to re-emerge out of bankruptcy..... given that EVERYTHING at their Richmond location is being auctioned off, the only way that'll happen, is starting out fresh, from square 1.

enaberif

Hmmm, didn't even know anything about those 1st two, and Googling them doesn't turn up an operational web site, but NCIX's site shows up still, as does NXSource and DirectCanada. If you try to connect to BestDirect, you just end up at DC's site. MemoryHouse seems to have several references in a Google search, but no way to find them directly.

In any case, for all intents & purposes, I'd say they're all gone, unless NCIX somehow manages to re-emerge out of bankruptcy..... given that EVERYTHING at their Richmond location is being auctioned off, the only way that'll happen, is starting out fresh, from square 1.

I've never heard of "Computers Canada" and if they meant Canada Computers... then that is NOT owned by NCIX or its subsidiaries at all.

Cannon Fodder

Not sure.... the ncix website is still operational and at the very least allows items to be put into your cart, but there's no way I'm going to try buying something from them. :)

One of Greg's last posts laid out changes to the online inventory process in which he claimed that only in-stock items and/or items that will be drop shipped directly from a third party source would be recognized by the system and processed.....

Is that still in place? I have no idea, but I can't imagine any bankruptcy trustee allowing them to keep an online store front active if they weren't able to fill purchase requests. There was also some suggestion along the way that they'd lost their ability to process credit card transactions which would make the whole online presence moot anyways.

Here's quite likely the reason the site is still up(posted at xncix.ca):

"Server was moved offsite before AA(Able Auctions) got in there. When I was speaking to one of those guys and was checking out the lot I went to where the server room used to be and everything was gone. AA told me Steve took it prior to that (paid out of his own pocket apparently) so the server is definitely off site and out of the building."

Latest posts