What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NCIX bankrupt?

FreeKnight

There's been very little news on their status over the holidays. I'd be curious if they made any real money over that period and how their bankruptcy proceedings are going. *Maybe* they've begun righting the ship enough to stabilize, but I highly doubt it.

Cannon Fodder

Yeah, I seriously doubt they've made any headway in "righting the ship" over the holiday period. When I read the blurb from Steve Wu, in the bankruptcy pdf, it seems as though they want to sell some/all of the company, and somehow come back from the dead that way.

I don't know enough about this sort of thing, but from what I've heard, from someone that does know more on this topic, it's somewhat common for some companies that have too much debt, to simply dissolve the company, and escape their debt, and later resurface under another name, and start over as though they're a completely new company..... whether that sort of scenario has any basis in reality, in this situation, I have no idea....

Delavan

I swear I bought 95% of my computer hardware from 2004+ from NCIX online. I also recommended them to family and friends for parts or builds. I almost always pricematched the items using shopb*t and was accepted 99% or the time.

Business is business, but it is sad in the end. I never cared about brick & mortar in this case, those were too far away (I was living out East back then). My last purchase was a 1070, but because I live in AB now, MEM ex is closer and faster....

Latest posts

Twitter