What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NCIX bankrupt?

Cannon Fodder

It's not that people "care so much" - it's more a case of us long time NCIX forum dwellers still having a curiosity about it, and wondering why, given their "grisly death", it's even still there..... :whistle:

enaberif

It's not that people "care so much" - it's more a case of us long time NCIX forum dwellers still having a curiosity about it, and wondering why, given their "grisly death", it's even still there..... :whistle:

Again why? If you understand how hosting worked you would probably understand why it happens.

Cannon Fodder

Again why?

Why what? That we're curious about what, if anything, is the reason it's still up, down, up, down, or even there in the 1st place? I believe I answered that....

As for your hosting comment, sure, I'm far from an expert on the subject, but I expect that if their bill wasn't paid, the site would disappear, as it seems their sister sites did, so that in itself seems rather curious.

belgolas

Anybody want to order something and see what happens? Most things are not in stock but curiously they show some in stock in a BC warehouse.

The Great Gazoo

As for your hosting comment, sure, I'm far from an expert on the subject, but I expect that if their bill wasn't paid, the site would disappear, as it seems their sister sites did, so that in itself seems rather curious.

That is what I was getting at. Or somebody (not sure whom at this point) would tell the hosting place to pull it down.

Not long ago someone on RFD said to order a part from NCIX and was shocked to hear they went belly up. lol

The Great Gazoo

The site has been down for a while now. I wanted to say RIP but the final chapter of personal data being available makes me mad. It's NE, MC, ME, Amazon and CC from now on I guess. I'm kinda happy that Mike's Computers opened a an outlet in Maple Ridge - it is quite close to me.

Cannon Fodder

I'm kinda happy that Mike's Computers opened a an outlet in Maple Ridge - it is quite close to me.

Yeah, in the former PrimeTime Computers' location..... I went in that place a few times over the years, but they had so little stock, and their prices weren't competitive, so I just never bothered going back.... haven't been in there in years.

I still haven't even set foot in a Mike's location, tho, in spite of driving past the one in Chilliwack numerous times, the one in Abbotsford a few times, and now that there's one in Maple Ridge(closest one to me), I SHOULD'VE checked it out by now, but just haven't yet.

So, shall I assume you've been in there Gazoo? If so, how is it, in terms of stock and size of the actual store part, compared to Primetime(assuming you were ever in there before)? I'm wondering if they maybe took over one of the neighbouring spaces and/or knocked out some walls, cuz Primetime was so damn small.....

Prickly007

I've been to the locations in Vancouver and Abbotsford, as I recall both locations are fairly small akin to the old NCIX location in Burnaby perhaps.

nToxik

So anyone know what happened to the servers that were trying to be sold with all of our information?

Latest posts

Twitter