What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NCIX bankrupt?

Mr. Friendly

Likely into some kind of mental support program! The NCIX forums were a nasty place by times, particularly around product launches (I shudder at 3080 launch on there...) and black Friday type sales :D He was a good fella though, I agree.
he's an NCIX'er I'd love to have coffee / beers with.

JD

Staff member
In reminiscing about NCIX, it feels like once they fell, we lost of lot of companies' products. It seems like the supply chain partially collapsed as I guess NCIX was acting as their own importer/distributor?

I guess in some cases, the companies have shrunk their product lines over the years too, but I don't think the "void" was ever really filled by what we have left in Canada. Especially on the watercooling front, nobody else really stepped up there outside of Dazmode.

Entz

In reminiscing about NCIX, it feels like once they fell, we lost of lot of companies' products. It seems like the supply chain partially collapsed as I guess NCIX was acting as their own importer/distributor?

I guess in some cases, the companies have shrunk their product lines over the years too, but I don't think the "void" was ever really filled by what we have left in Canada. Especially on the watercooling front, nobody else really stepped up there outside of Dazmode.
Yes I noticed this as well looking into some server parts. Companies may list them on their sites but really don't want to order them (NCNR with no price guarantee).

Soultribunal

Staff member
I do miss them, a lot. They always seemed to have the neat little niche products from other vendors that were hard to find in Canada.
I remember a Fan Controller that was really popular in Europe I believe, and ironically NCIX Started carrying it (no one else did).

I miss those days.

I also miss building PC's, but I digress that is for another day.

-ST

belgolas

Both my current Evga SC 1080Ti Blacks came from NCIX just before they shut down.....
Same with my 1080 Ti. I would have bought more stuff from them but at the time it was rumored they were going under and I didn't want to risk it. My 1080 Ti is the last part in my computer from NCIX, all other parts are from others.

rjbarker

Same with my 1080 Ti. I would have bought more stuff from them but at the time it was rumored they were going under and I didn't want to risk it. My 1080 Ti is the last part in my computer from NCIX, all other parts are from others.

Same here....now that I think of it, although may have purchased my 900D Case from them as well.
I used to use DirectCanada too, the Warehouse alias of NCIX, always had great personal Customer Service.
I remember long ago when I was first learning how to OC emailing bacn n forth with Linus, again was always such great Customer Service back then.