What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ncix Cs + S&h

BrothaInFaith

I deal primarily with ncix burnaby. i've found the sales staff to generally be grumpy, uninformed and... well.... crappy. so now i just go talk to Paul. he's the only white guy there. and unlike the chinese reps, he's upbeat, talkative and knowledgeable. same goes for the other stores. if you're downtown, go talk to keeton; he'll take care of you.

ha ha. Yeah, other than a few exceptions, most of the cs reps look really constipated :blarg: every time I see them when doing a pick-up. Eat more fiber! :haha:

qwerty

I've price matched a number of times and items. Their price matching system works well. I had only one thing rejected due but a big pricing screwup on their part but they gave me their best offer which I accepted.

I would like to add that I regularly pickup at the Burnaby location and that not "all" their staff appear to be Chinese, well ok 1 person.

FYI, the Vancouver Sun newspaper just published this article on surname rankings.
Vancouver Sun | Surnames Rankings

Well if you didn't know already there are a lot of asian people in the Vancouver area. Get over it already.

As far as their customer service is, phone & e-mail them about your issue. I've had issues with their slow order processing on weekends and slow shipping when I lived outside the Vancouver area. Rude cs reps, unforgiveable if that's the case. They need to bone up on the client service skills. The cs reps. are the voice and face of the company besides the website. If I were to continue to get crappy cs I would stop shopping there and not recommend it anymore.

Hehe, here we go, I knew someone would pop up with something about PC'ness [sic]...lol.

I don't care about the ethnicity of any particular staff member so long as they can communicate with me clearly, I am the paying customer. After all it is my hard earned money that is being spent, so you missed the point. BTW I live in the GTA, the most diverse location on Earth.

My point is that this country is still called Canada and it is still officially an English/French speaking one. That said I think that any business dealing with the public should have a good command of the language of their current country of business. Anything else is just bad business practice period.

That was my point...

Last edited:

qwerty

Thanks for the replies. I am now seeing that my worries are unfounded and that just about everyone has had good experiences with NCIX with regards to items being shipped, etc.

My mind has been put at ease...I understand that screw ups do happen from time to time and that no one company or person is perfect all the time in every way, I'm not expecting that. What I am expecting is a professional and polite manner in which said staff do deal with problems that will and do arise...that's the measure of a good company, not how perfect they are but how they deal with bumps in the road because they are inevitable.

Thank you.

BTW if anyone has any other experiences, good or bad, with NCIX please share them. The more information we have the better.

Shadowmeph

Hehe, here we go, I knew someone would pop up with something about PC'ness [sic]...lol.

I don't care about the ethnicity of any particular staff member so long as they can communicate with me clearly, I am the paying customer. After all it is my hard earned money that is being spent, so you missed the point. BTW I live in the GTA, the most diverse location on Earth.

My point is that this country is still called Canada and it is still officially an English/French speaking one. That said I think that any business dealing with the public should have a good command of the language of their current country of business. Anything else is just bad business practice period.

That was my point...

I totally agree with you on this I am not a prejudice person well at least I try not to be and I don't blame anyone that comes to Canada from other countries to live because Canada is the best place to live ( ooops off topic a bit lol)

Unklmo

ok, here's the thing in a nutshell. i placed an order at NCIX on sunday Nov.4 and opted for the "Express Shipping next business day" for $15. so i figure monday they would process and ship, and tuesday i'd have recieved my order and be breaking in my new headset.
NCIX.com - Buy Turtle Beach AK-R8 8 Speaker 5.1 Surround Sound USB Gaming Headset - TBS-2120 In Canada.
well it's tuesday night, Nov.6 and no parcel :angry2: and to boot, the order processing e-mails they send out i only recieved today at 12:19 pm!!
WTF !! i paid for the express shipping, product was in stock when i placed it and last time i checked there weren't any major storms across the country keeping the planes down either.
sure i can wait (do i have a choice ?), but the point is i paid extra for a service that they claim to provide and NCIX clearly is not delivering.
the whole "EXpess Shipping" is a :censored: load and a scam imo. if you read the disclaimer (and i did !), they can't guarantee anything. 'cept taking your money and your out $15.
ah well, i rolled the dice and lost. heads up for the next guy i guess.

AkG

ok, here's the thing in a nutshell. i placed an order at NCIX on sunday Nov.4 and opted for the "Express Shipping next business day" for $15. so i figure monday they would process and ship, and tuesday i'd have recieved my order and be breaking in my new headset.

Unklmo you ordered it on a SUNDAY. It states quite clearly 1 - 2 business days for order processing. Here is a direct quote for you (bold is my own):

"IN STOCK - This item is in stock at our warehouse and is shipped as soon as possible. It will usually ship in 1 to 2 business days, but every effort will be made to ship the same day an order is processed."

Just because you pick a faster SHIPPING doesn't mean it will be processed any faster. Its done on a first come first serve basis. Now that it IS processed you will get it a heck of a lot faster than my order (also placed on Sunday) that will shipped to me by TRUCK. :bleh:

YMMV but complaining that they met their service levels is IMO counter productive. Sure we are all spoiled and usually I will order it on Saturday and get it Tuesday morning but just because they regularly beat their stated goals isn't a reason to complain when they DON'T do it. :blarg:

Last edited:

Thund3rball

I think the service is overall very good at NCIX. I like the way they try to keep people updated on the forum about upcoming products, backorders, hardware troubleshooting and issues. :thumb:

Been to 3 locations and had products shipped and always walked away smiling. Have not had a really bad experience...yet. I have only been shopping there about a year but I have friends who have dealt with them much longer. There is a mishap or communication error story here and there but you can't expect perfection. As long as they try to do their best and give good pricing, NCIX is alright by me.

Unklmo

Unklmo you ordered it on a SUNDAY. It states quite clearly 1 - 2 business days for order processing. Here is a direct quote for you (bold is my own):

"IN STOCK - This item is in stock at our warehouse and is shipped as soon as possible. It will usually ship in 1 to 2 business days, but every effort will be made to ship the same day an order is processed."

Just because you pick a faster SHIPPING doesn't mean it will be processed any faster. Its done on a first come first serve basis. Now that it IS processed you will get it a heck of a lot faster than my order (also placed on Sunday) that will shipped to me by TRUCK. :bleh:

YMMV but complaining that they met their service levels is counter productive. Sure we are all spoiled and usually I will order it on Saturday and get it Tuesday morning but just because they regularly beat their stated goals isn't a reason to complain when they DON'T do it. :blarg:

i realize that the processing time states 1-2 days from the time i ordered, which is fine by me. however i paid for next business day express. you'd think that it would likely be 1, not 2 business days to ship to a customer who is willing to pay extra.
spoiled ? prolly. i like instant gratification like anyone else.
as a side note, most of my dealings in the past were with DC, and never even so much as the slightest hiccup. go figure:blarg:

Latest posts

Twitter