What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ncix or Direct canada?

Heatbag

NCIX or Direct Canada? Which store is better to buy from? I am looking to purchase 3 items for myself from either retailer. First is an Asus X1950 pro P-CIE, Second is an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro AM2, Third is an Silverstone Element ST50EF-Plus. Can anyone give me some insight on who would be better to order from? Thanks

Babrbarossa

That's a tough question-- both are veery good vendors and both have slightly different strengths. Here's what I find good about each

NCIX:
-good SALES, check thier weekly sales prices, you can't beat them anywhere
-excellent customer service
-good support via the forums full of little unemployed helper elves they feed with incentives like reward points. Some very knowledgable and helpful sycophants there.
-Good selection, and good specs and reviews on their products so you know what you're getting.

Direct Canada
-Their every day prices are the cheapest anywhere in general-- they don't have many super sales, but any day of the week, on any item, you can count on getting the bottom dollar.
-Fast and cheap delivery-- this is the key for me-- I love the cheap/free shipping deals they have- get's to my door in rural NB within two days.
-Good customer service.
-neat little notepads and stuff with delivery, hehe.
-good selection, although maybe slightly less than NCIX

Last edited:

Babrbarossa

Really? I knew they were a sponsor, but I thought NCIX was as well- is this the 'official' Direct Canada forum? Does that make us 'official" direct canada sycophants? boo-yeah!

Babrbarossa

I've asked this before, but without reply- Is there some affiliation between the two companies?

Also-- if people from direct canada read this, I'd like to make a suggestion-- I'm not sure what's involved with this, but the D.C. website needs to pop up on more google searches. You have to be very lucky just to stumble across it on a search, while NCIX seems to arrive at the top of the list whenever you type in the name of any component. I wish that I knew about D.C. long ago, but It really isn't very easy to find by accident.

Last edited:
M

Misoprostol

Direct Canada is actually really new. It's only a month old and a bit. You actually found it very fast.

And regarding the google searches, that's actually a problem I've noticed with THIS site. Even when I googled the exact title of a thread I'd created I couldn't find this site on the first 10 pages of google. Even searching for "hardware canucks" doesn't bring it up!!

Supergrover

Direct Canada is actually really new. It's only a month old and a bit. You actually found it very fast.

And regarding the google searches, that's actually a problem I've noticed with THIS site. Even when I googled the exact title of a thread I'd created I couldn't find this site on the first 10 pages of google. Even searching for "hardware canucks" doesn't bring it up!!
Yup just did a search for supergrover and Nada, the rest of my sites comes up no prob went through 12 pages without a HCF reference before I said **** it.

sswilson

Staff member
You gotta pay the big bucks to get listed quickly on google nowadays.... :(

I really miss the old days when you could do a search and not have to wade through 5 pages of "paid" sites before you get to non-comercial sites.

DerekOldschool

I thought they were essentially the same company.

The Reason: I canceled a Direct Canada order once because my boss said I could use the company credit card (and I dont pay GST if I use it :clap:) and the e-mail that was sent to confirm the cancellation was sent from [email protected] (I cant remember the exact name)

So I just figured NCIX set up another "division" or website to snag the customers that weren't shopping at NCIX - or had a bad experience with NCIX, or for some reason no longer wanted to do business with NCIX.

I see that NCIX has a store at #1063-8300 Capstan Way and Direct Canadas address is 155-13900 Maycrest Way, both stores in Richmond. Is there a tunnel connecting the two addresses?

Any ideas on why I would recieve a confirmation of cancellation of an order made to Direct Canada from an e-mail ending in ncix.com?

I'm just curious - I have no intention of shopping online anywhere else! Direct Canada is super FAST. I ordered my 3 sata drives a few months ago at 2:30pm Thursday afternoon, and I received them before noon THE NEXT DAY here in Ontario - less than 24hours AND free shipping! And because its out of province for me, theres no PST (and if I use the boss's credit card no GST either!!!) Its just a win, win, win situation!!!

Twitter