What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need a Dual rad

H

HaDeS

hello... I'm looking to put a full water cooling kit on my system. 2 things I am having problems with are as follows. I am looking for bang for buck but also an OC'rs rad. I will not be water cooling the vid card at this time.

Which rad should I go with.. currently I can only stuff a dual 120mm rad into my case
I was looking at this one.... please keep in mind I can only order from frozen cpu.
Black Ice GTX Xtreme 240 Radiator - Black - FrozenCPU.com

and this one
XSPC RX240 Dual 120mm Radiator - FrozenCPU.com

My other problem is I cannot seem to find a mosfet cooler for my 980 board other than from koolance. The one koolance suggested is the following. Due to the extra long mosfet layout on the m4n82 asus mobo the standard ones do not look like they will fit so I'm totally open to input on this. Koolnace solution here:

MVR-100 (MB VReg) [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive with the heat plate.

Cheers.

JD

Staff member
Not sure if watercooling MOSFETs is really necessary. I'd look into Thermalright or Enzotech heatsinks as an alternative.

Radiator wise, I'd suggest TFC Xchanger 240 or Thermochill 120.2, XSPC RX240 and HWLabs Black Ice SR-2 240. They all do well without massive amounts of airflow and subsequently noise.

The Black Ice GTX line is geared more towards high-speed fans, so if you can put up with the added noise, then go for it. But I believe you need fairly powerful fans to get better performance than the ones I listed above.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Consider the Swiftech MCR-220... you will be surprised - match it with YLs in push-pull.

H

HaDeS

You may very well be right about the mosfet cooling. I know on this board it came with an extra fan incase water cooling was used. It's one large heatpipe setup from southbridge to northbridge to mosfet.

Thanks for posting I'll snag the xspc... I'm happy with the 120mm I have currently it just wont be enough to do the rest of the system.

Ok I'll go look now thanks charlie :)

CanadaRox

Even with a CPU, NB and a single GPU the MCR-220 should hold up fine, especially if you put push/pull Yate Loons on like 3.0charlie suggested (I'd suggest getting a bit larger for all that, and the X58 NB doesn't require watercooling). Mosfets don't really need anymore more than some airflow, so if you decide to cool the northbridge, some heatsinks for them should be fine. I have used a few of the Thermalright ones in the past and they are pretty good. I've also used the Enzotech heatsinks for southbridges and they work amazing. I would assume their mosfet heatsinks would be just as impressive.

H

HaDeS

Even with a CPU, NB and a single GPU the MCR-220 should hold up fine, especially if you put push/pull Yate Loons on like 3.0charlie suggested (I'd suggest getting a bit larger for all that, and the X58 NB doesn't require watercooling). Mosfets don't really need anymore more than some airflow, so if you decide to cool the northbridge, some heatsinks for them should be fine. I have used a few of the Thermalright ones in the past and they are pretty good. I've also used the Enzotech heatsinks for southbridges and they work amazing. I would assume their mosfet heatsinks would be just as impressive.

I'm sorry I shoulda stated before I'm using a m4n82 amd board.
What are you selling your rad for?

Latest posts