What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need an extra usb port (or 20? )

CMetaphor

Quadfather
... or someone with a very complicated flight sim set up perhaps? ;)

Read my mind 🤣
My current flight/space sim uses 8 usb ports, soon to be increased to 9-10. Going through a powered hub has been necessary and it's a massive wiring mess (for now).

Shame the board is xeon/server only. I'd actually like to see more usb back io ports on more mainstream motherboards. Kinda sick of seeing itx/mATX boards with all of four USB ports on the back then 2-3-4 inaccessible headers on the board.

Not sure about you guys, but I'd rather have more ports on the back, like way more and/or a new standard of usb header that's smaller and better positioned. Forget new and unnecessary power cabling standards being changed and give us useable headers and ports, I say. 🤷‍♂️

Lysrin

Read my mind 🤣
My current flight/space sim uses 8 usb ports, soon to be increased to 9-10. Going through a powered hub has been necessary and it's a massive wiring mess (for now).

Shame the board is xeon/server only. I'd actually like to see more usb back io ports on more mainstream motherboards. Kinda sick of seeing itx/mATX boards with all of four USB ports on the back then 2-3-4 inaccessible headers on the board.

Not sure about you guys, but I'd rather have more ports on the back, like way more and/or a new standard of usb header that's smaller and better positioned. Forget new and unnecessary power cabling standards being changed and give us useable headers and ports, I say. 🤷‍♂️

Completely agree! (y)

CMetaphor

Quadfather
for the day you can't decide which mouse to use....connect them all!
Just how many USB powered fans / LED lights does one server motherboard need?

Well, for people like me and @Lysrin ...
-Kb
-mouse
-Hotas
-Usb Mic
-Elgato Stream deck
-USB soundcard or mixer
-Extra buttons/flight Sim control panels
-Rudder pedals
... And more?

That's 8 already, more than enough to fill an entire backpanel on most mobos and most of the headers as well. 🤷‍♂️

Lysrin

Well, for people like me and @Lysrin ...
-Kb
-mouse
-Hotas
-Usb Mic
-Elgato Stream deck
-USB soundcard or mixer
-Extra buttons/flight Sim control panels
-Rudder pedals
... And more?

That's 8 already, more than enough to fill an entire backpanel on most mobos and most of the headers as well. 🤷‍♂️

TrackIR or similar
Cougar MFDs, usually three, that's the control panels I suppose (I don't have those but I'd like to)
In my case, two sticks and a throttle (HOTASAS...)

The problem does get solved with a nice USB hub, but not having to have that on the desk would be nice :)