What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need Help Choosing A Video Card!

AdamHuw

Hey :)
I am trying to buy myself a new graphics card for my Dell Inspiron 530 because I burnt out the last one I had.
I have no idea what a PCI or PCI Express slot is, I can't tell the difference between them.
I have linked an photo of my motherboard in case anyone can recognise what one I have?
Since my computer is a few years old maybe only certain graphics cards will work on it?
I honestly have no idea, that's why I am posting here!

I bought the computer of a friend and they don't have the manual or anything like that.
Can anyone recommend a good video card for me?.. Nothing too expensive, I only want to be able to record some Minecraft videos hehe :biggrin:

Attachments

elmorejohn46

It says you have a PCIe x16 slot.But it will be hard to fine a decent card since it says you need a half-height videocard and it only has a 250 watt power supply.What video card did you have in there.Here is a HD4350 and it just needs a 250watt power supply ,If you can find a low profile Nvidai GT-240 128bit interface it would work .most low profile card are 64bit interface and they are very slow. try to at least find a 128bit low profile card.Nvidia GT220 makes some they want burn up the frame rates but you could play some games at a low resolution.

moocow

May be Asus GT430? Your G33 motherboard only have a PCI-e x16 1.0 which may bottleneck the card. However, that card comes with low profile bracket and doesn't require extra 6 pin plug. Then again with an old 250W power supply, I seriously wonder if it will work. May as well just buy an AMD FM1 package and call it a day. I seen it happen with my G31 Asus motherboard.

Newegg.com - ASUS ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

AdamHuw

I have been looking at this: Sapphire HD 5450 2GB
Seems pretty good but I'm not too sure if it will actually work?

frontier204

Bungwirez

I imagin FRAPs will be an issue for your rig as well...

before you spend money check out stream recording from own3d.tv ... or twitch.tv
you won't be able to edit your vids... but it will be something.

Latest posts

Twitter