What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need help deciding on WC kit

Keltron 3030

So my birthday has just passed, and i got a good chunk of change to my disposal to use towards a watercooling kit :clap: i am looking at two different dual-rad XSPC kits; one has the RS240 while the other comes with the thicker RX240.

RS240 kit Rasa 750 RS240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit Rasa 750 RS240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit [RASA750KIT] - $149.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!

RX240 kit Rasa 750 Performance Dual RX240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit Rasa 750 Performance Dual RX240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit [RASA750KITRX240] - $189.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!

I am wondering if i will notice a big cooling difference between the two, as I would like to be as cost conscious as possible.

matari

The thicker radiator will have slightly better performance with high CFM fans while having slightly lower performance with low CFM fans. You probably won't notice the difference between the two. Beside the thickness, I am not sure the difference between the two are. My statement above only holds true if both radiators are similar in style.

Dazmode

I would suggest to wait a week or so and get modified RASA kit with Laing D5 or DDC pump instead of standard XSPC pump. We have all kits in stock, but still missing pumps. Laing has has great track record for reliability.

Dazmode

That is correct.

To my knowledge RX series will be too thick to fit under top of HAF, so better stick to RS series. With decent (and faster) fans RS will do just fine. Kit comes with 1200rpm fans, grab some GTs or just any faster fans closer to 2000rpm. Dual rad is good for 1 or 2 water blocks.

Castle02

I have a RX360 inside the top of my HAF932.
014a.jpg

Dazmode

Even better then. I had people who complained that assembly hit ram sticks.

Castle02

Push/pull would definitely hit ram sticks. Maybe the people who complained were doing the push/pull config. I read that push/pull didn't make that much of a difference in temps, so I never bothered with it.

Latest posts

Twitter