What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

need help finding a rugged phone case for the Galaxy A70

Mr. Friendly

the A70 has no water resistance at all and I live in the wettest place in Canada, so I need to find at least something that gives it water resistance, before I click order. I'm also a clutz, so need it to be drop-proof as well.

there are a number of cases that come up for the A70 saying they're rugged...but no details on being water resistant, let alone proof...or that they will survive a drop or tumble down the stairs like the Otterbox Defender will protect from. for example, all the details for cases from Spigen are vague in inconclusive.

edit - the only options that say they waterproof are the Feitenn and Love Mei...but reviews say they are not. :p

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

interestingly enough, the lower A50 has a Defender case from Otterbox. doesn't give it any water resistance or anything, but make it drop / shock proof. nothing for the higher A70 though. I find that supremely odd. also, Lifeproof has nothing, seems they focus only on the high end Galaxy S series for Samsung.

I may need to go back to the drawing board if I cannot protect my A70... :(

Izerous

Folding Team
I have spigen case on a g7 thinq, Id easily say the otterbox cases I have used in the past seem like they would take more of a beating but the built in kick stand is a nice perk.

Mr. Friendly

I have spigen case on a g7 thinq, Id easily say the otterbox cases I have used in the past seem like they would take more of a beating but the built in kick stand is a nice perk.
the problem is none of the Spigen say they provide any level of water resistance. that's my primary concern, with ruggedness afterwards. none of the rugged cases say water resistance and as mentioned, the two that say they are waterproof really aren't and come with a host of other issues, like audio distortion, insulating so well NFC won't work and if there is wireless charging, that's a no-go as well.

Mr. Friendly

yeh...like I said, the Love Mei is not waterproof like it says. I would consider it, but it also impairs audio performance and use of NFC. :(