What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need help: NO POST

miggs78

Hi I'm trying to boot my mobo, it won't POST, it keeps giving error code 2A.. Rig specs are in my sig..

miggs78

It worked before I had installed video card, I hope it is not dead video card, I'll try taking them out..

Now I get an A9

edit: Pretty sure it is a dead video card problem.. I connected my old 8800gtx card, and that seemed to work, but when I put in the 4870 card, it won't work.

Last edited:

joeperson

Tried unplugging everything and going piece by piece yet?
Google brings me here as a first try. The manual lists an A9 check point in the AMI BIOS Post Code table referring to "Wait for user input at config display if needed." Which, of course, means nothing to me. At a guess some point around that in the post process is breaking. I've never tried to trouble shoot a system breaking at this early a stage before so I could be talking even more nonsense then I think.

Gave it a shot though :O

tzetsin

does it give you the post beep? if you get a blank screen, but otherwise seems to be booting normally then you have a dead vid card,

tzetsin

where did you buy your vid card? most places have a 7 day money back deal, if you take it back fast, you can swap it for a different card and not have to RMA it.i t

I just bought a gtx 280 that was DOA, fortunatly i have a couple systems i could test it on, i just returned it, and bought a different one, saving the hassles of RMA. (fortunatly i bought it at a local shop, and not online)

Eldonko

That makes it sound like a dead GPU but even if your GPU is dead it should POST..
edit: Pretty sure it is a dead video card problem.. I connected my old 8800gtx card, and that seemed to work, but when I put in the 4870 card, it won't work.

miggs78

That makes it sound like a dead GPU but even if your GPU is dead it should POST..
That is what I think it is, unfortunately, my case speaker's wire seems to have come out of the speaker, so resoldering.. (which I don't have tools, or dunno how to do).. So I can't hear POST beeps..

As I mentioned it did work with the 8800GTX card, without doing any CMOS resets or battery removal etc.. So It could very well be a dead GPU, which makes me wonder how to RMA it, stock cooler removed + card dead..

Great.. :sad:

Eldonko

Moe if you want to bring it by my house tomorrow afternoon I can test the card and give you some screws if it doesnt work. I am changing the exhaust on my car so I'll be around all day.