What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need Help stabilize OC

Shadowarez

Hi everyone finally got my storage phase upgraded to NASA levels with Optane and nvme. Started the oc phas but I'm having some issues need some help from our OC gurus now that I can focus on this phase 100%.

Current rig
1.Asus Apex x299
2.intel i9 7980xe {delidded/LM}
3.64gb 4X16 DDR4 3200 corsair LPX
4.Vega Frontier Edition (repasted Liquid Metal)
5.intel optane m.2 905 380GB (boot)
6.intel optane 900p 280gb (scratch) pcie card
6.intel 800p 118gb (HDD Cache)
7.intel 750 1.2TB nvme pcie
8.intel 750 400gb nvme pcie
9.WD Black 6TB 256mb cache (Bulk Storage)

I'm running into DPC watchdog errors or clock watch dog bluescreens.

I'll get my bios pics up asap to see where to tweak settings.
I'm running 4.6ghz all core 1.2v temps are in low mid 50s 70ish when benchmarking in haven.

Tried looking for basic guide for this board but seemed to only come up with guides for the rampage. I followed it set based on that for the Digi power settings. Ram in set xmp but I bumped voltage to 1.4v when started seeing these bsods isn't helping.

I'm getting these what seems random as in can happen at desktop idling or when installing games from steam.
My cooling setup is corsair H150i Pro with 3 120's 11 Noctua NF12s at the top. 3 140s intake at front. A 40mm Noctua on the vrms blowing air over them.

JD

Staff member
I'm not sure if X299 differs much from X99, but I'd suggest leaving the RAM at "auto" so it runs at the slowest speeds while you focus on dialing in the CPU. Trying to do both at the same time makes life a lot harder.

Once you get a stable OC your happy with on the CPU, try changing your RAM to 3200 (don't use XMP as it'll wipe out your OC settings) and setting the voltages and timings accordingly. If it's unstable, then bump up voltages as needed.

Shadowarez

I'll try that I'll just get the xmp settings then dial those in once CPU is stable as I don't think I need 4.6 - 4.8ghz on all 18-36 cores yet.

Twitter