What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need Help Urgently!!!

misterlarry

Hi Folks,

Been quite a while since I have been on the forum. Long story short, lost my job and had to start my own company a couple of years ago. Time to play much or stay current on computer tech went out the window.

This morning, my computer shut down suddenly and will not restart. Powers on but no boot up and cannot access Bios.

Question is, where do I start troubleshooting to determine which component has failed. Computer configuration is in my signature.

Any help or roadmap for troubleshooting would be very much appreciated. I need my desktop for my business and I have to get it back into working order ASAP!

Thanks in advance everyone. Much appreciated.

lowfat

Staff member
When you power on the system, try tapping caps lock on/off a bunch, if it turns on/off then its the display/GPU. If not, try one stick of ram at a time, try each stick individually, and in different slots. Remove the GPU and try using onboard GPU. If none of these help, then I would guess its the motherboard.

misterlarry

Well I got everything up on a table where I can work at it. Hooked up one monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Inadvertently plugged monitor into Mobo VGA and it booted up fine. So I re-seated the GPU and now it won't boot either way again. Will follow all of lowfat's suggestions and report back. Thanks.

misterlarry

Went through first two procedures with no change. Removed GPU and plugged into Mobo VGA and booted up. Think I'll check with a friend to see if he has a GPU that I can borrow to test. Thanks.

Bond007

Glad to hear it’s partially figured. That narrows it to gpu, pcie slot, or possibly a bad psu/gpu power cable. Most likely is probably the gpu.

Edit: was it the same cable you used to connect integrated to the monitor as the gpu? Could have also been your video cable if it wasn’t. You could also try a different connector on the gpu in case that was the issue (bad hdmi/dvi port etc).

Caldezar

I noticed your GPU is a Zotac 1050ti. If that's right, you should have the ability to RMA it. At least you can sell it and recoup some of your cash for buying a new one.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter