What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need help with choosing the right case and monitor.

FruityAussie

First time builder that just ordered my parts. Here are my specs.
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO - B450 Tomahawk Max
RAM - DDR4 Vengeance LPX 16gb 3200
Graphics Card - RX 5700 XT Red Devil
Storage - Intel 660p 1Tb
Case - ?
PSU - not too sure?
Monitor - ??

I'm currently using a laptop with 12'' of usable display and a 22'' Benq LCD Model ET-0035-N monitor through HDMI.

My plans of the computer are to use it through university for majority research and writing however I also want to be able to sit back and play games that look smooth and at all max settings. I haven't seen what a 1440p or a 144hz monitor looks like for long enough to be able to personally make a choice.

Also I have no clue on what the best case to choose would be so any recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm really not sure what to be looking for and what size I need for what I'm doing. Thanks for any help :)

Bond007

Going to need more details.

Budget for each?
What size monitor do you want (ballpark - 22"ish, 27", 32", normal aspect ratio or ultrawide)?
Case - windows? care about looks? airflow vs noise priority? lights? etc

Izerous

Folding Team
For work/school type purposes the little extra realestate on a say 27in 1440p monitor goes a long ways compared to a 22in 1080p monitor.

Gremlin

Lian li Lan cool ii or Phanteks P400 A

Arrgh my bad just saw you have an AMD video card.. Monitor mentioned @nToxik is perfect for you

Last edited:

FruityAussie

I have had this Acer 31.5" 1440P monitor for a year now and I have been super happy with it. It is AMD Freesync but only to 75hz.

It is normally $399 but is on sale right now for $259.

That looks like an awesome monitor and I might have to go with it considering the amazing sale, pretty good spec and size. Thanks

FruityAussie

Going to need more details.

Budget for each?
What size monitor do you want (ballpark - 22"ish, 27", 32", normal aspect ratio or ultrawide)?
Case - windows? care about looks? airflow vs noise priority? lights? etc

Budget around maybe $200 AUD (less if possible) for the case and I have already sorted out my monitor now. For the case, I'd prefer a tempered glass panel, good air-flow yes but the noise is not too much of a concern.
Most of all I don't care about any case RGB :)

boots

I would suggest taking a look at the Fractal Design Meshify C which is an ATX mid-tower case. It has good airflow, comes with two included fans, excellent cable management and a tempered glass panel.

clshades

It's not like you're gonna throw the 22" in the garbage, so I don't see how you'd need a 27 or bigger monitor. I'd be looking for a higher quality 24" for the same price and higher refresh rate personally.

A 24 along side a 22 is a lot of desktop real estate. I personally choose dual monitor over one massive monitor. This is especially handy for those hardcore google sessions.

Last edited:

Latest posts