What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need help with Eyefinity.

Mena

Greetings all.

I am trying to figure out how to set up Eyefinity properly. Here are my issues: ( COMPUTER issues...get you mind out of the gutter! LOL!!!! )

1.) Whenever I maximize a window it does so across all three screens instead of the main one ( The middle is the "Main". )

2.) The taskbar goes across all three monitors....which is fine but I want the icons and the Start Menu on the middle. As it is now the start button is on the far left and the clock....far right.

3.) The background is now stretched across 3 monitors....I was hoping for a "Triplicate" of the background. ( I use the background from the CANADA Theme on The Windows Marketplace )

4.) When I play a game...is there a way to ....I am not sure how to say it. Lets say I want to play Dirt 2. I want it to run on the middle screen but have Coretemp and other stuff running on one of the side screens.

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if I am asking too much of you guys.

Mena

Hmmm.....that video did not help really. Those are just the basics which are easy. I need to know the answers to my questions which are more advanced.

Thanks though.

Arinoth

Staff member
1) Right now there is no fix, it's a driver thing right now, some people claim there are some third party programs that work however I never found that they worked that well. Basically you need to manually stretch your windows to fit one monitor if you only want them too.
2) Just like above, it's why I've gone to having my taskbar actually on the side rather then top/bottom
3) Have to make your own custom background
4) There should be somewhere in the options to set the main monitor, I know there is with nvidia surround, just can't remember if AMD has it too.

dlactin2408

I use eyefinity but I have 2 profiles 1 for eyefinity and 1 for 3 separate displays. That is the best way to do it in my opinion but I have done it other ways.

1) Try out AMD Hydravision I have a few friends that use it with success, you can split your eyefinity display into thee or more separate area's without having to switch profiles all the time.
2) You can set the taskbar to one monitor in the AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display section of the Calalyst Control Center
3) You can find many third party programs to do this, some of which are free.
4) I would use profiles for this purpose and setup hotkeys to switch between the profiles.

Painbringer71

1.) Whenever I maximize a window it does so across all three screens instead of the main one ( The middle is the "Main". ) This is because it considers all three monitors as just one now. Hydra grid or get use to reduced windows.

2.) The taskbar goes across all three monitors....which is fine but I want the icons and the Start Menu on the middle. As it is now the start button is on the far left and the clock....far right. Same reason as above Unless you uneyefinity the monitors i do not think you can change this.

3.) The background is now stretched across 3 monitors....I was hoping for a "Triplicate" of the background. ( I use the background from the CANADA Theme on The Windows Marketplace )

You have not come accross a cool 5760x 1080 wall paper they are uber cool

4.) When I play a game...is there a way to ....I am not sure how to say it. Lets say I want to play Dirt 2. I want it to run on the middle screen but have Coretemp and other stuff running on one of the side screens.

It always defaults to the left on but you can reduce them in window mode to view anywhere.

Mena

Now I am having something else that is weird going on.

I use a XFX MDP to DVI port adapter for the third monitor. For some reason now whenever I start up my computer it will not detect that the third monitor is even there unless I unplug and plug back in the adapter.

Arinoth

Staff member
Only thing I can say is update your drivers or revert back. A clean install would be best as it sounds like you have a bug. I have a similar issue with my current beta nvidia drivers. My 2nd monitor will disappear if I turn off my two monitors before they go to sleep (5 min set for that)

Latest posts