What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need mofset a mofset cooler

moditir

I need a Cheap mofset cooler for my P5K deluxe because of that stupid heat pipe.
I would like it to be an air cooler as there is already enough stress on my watercooling system.

thanks for any help
moditir

moditir

asus_p5k_deluxe.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
Maybe edit the picture by circling what exactly you want to put heatsinks on so that we're completely sure what you're looking for?

J

JayDee

Would it be possible to cut the heatpipe and just keep the copper mosfet heatsink installed moditir?
If so you could combine the passive copper with an Antec Spot Cool fan and it should help your temps. I use 2 Spot Cools in my rig and they push decent air.

Eldonko

If you mean this, just cut the heatpipe and add a small fan. Zip ties and coat hangers ftw hehe. :p

Attachments

• asus_p5k_deluxe.jpg
    asus_p5k_deluxe.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 907
J

JayDee

Maybe edit the picture by circling what exactly you want to put heatsinks on so that we're completely sure what you're looking for?
I think he is referring to the rectangular shaped copper MOSFET coolers. In his picture one is directly above the CPU and one is directly to the right of the CPU. I believe he is specifically referring to the one above the CPU as it sounds like he has installed an H20 chipset cooler and thus he removed that MOSFET cooler.

lol beat me to the punch Eldonko :)

b1lk1

If you mean this, just cut the heatpipe and add a small fan. Zip ties and coat hangers ftw hehe. :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't cut the heatpipe ever. That heatsink won't cool crap without it. Plus, if you ever need to RMA, you'll need to get another which is pretty much impossible. Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad suggestion.

Get some good ramsinks, like the Swiftech ones for VGA memory and put them on there. They will do the trick. Besides, the moffsets don't need major cooling anyways as long as you have decent airflow.