What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need New Keyboard...

crazyazn

Thanks.

Wowzers...wasn't expecting this many replies:haha:

Anyways thanks all u guys for advising.

I guess it would be best if I could try out the Logitech Media Keyboard, but I don't know if Staples sells them, and I do know that FS and BB only sell the wireless combo version (but the keyboard LOOKS the same).

Seems like a lot of you guys like Logitech, and only a few like MS. Having only tried the MS kb, I must say it feels pretty good. But then, I read some online reviews saying you can't press more than ~3 keys...so now I'm leaning towards the Logitech more, but I still need to try it out if I can.

I don't think I'm gonna get the Saitek. It doesn't have any shortcut/media buttons that I want, and I don't really need to pay the price premium for a 'gaming' keyboard.

BALISTX

What's the most you want to spend on a keyboard?

I have a Logitech media keyboard that I'd be willing to give away. You just have to pay for the shipping.

crazyazn

Thanks bro! But I just found a place selling it for $9.88 or smth...and I can go buy it in-store too. Thanks for the offer anyways!

BALISTX

If you can get it brand new for $10, I'd do it. Besides now it saves me from having to go through boxes to look for it LOL.

crazyazn

So, I went and bought it today (typing on it right now). Seems to be a fairly solid keyboard, and the keys are pretty quiet. Although it seems to need more force to be pushed down than my old one, but it doesn't bother me. I tested all the hotkeys without the SetPoint software installed, and they all work except the 'Close' button (which I assume you need the software for but I haven't installed it yet). I would prefer that the 'F Mode' would be on by default, so the light isn't on 24/7. So far, those are the only minor things that I have found. I don't regret buying this keyboard at all.

sswilson

Staff member
So, I went and bought it today (typing on it right now). Seems to be a fairly solid keyboard, and the keys are pretty quiet. Although it seems to need more force to be pushed down than my old one, but it doesn't bother me. I tested all the hotkeys without the SetPoint software installed, and they all work except the 'Close' button (which I assume you need the software for but I haven't installed it yet). I would prefer that the 'F Mode' would be on by default, so the light isn't on 24/7. So far, those are the only minor things that I have found. I don't regret buying this keyboard at all.

Ahhhh yes.... I knew there was something annoying about the logitech media boards, but had forgotten about their media key scheme overriding the f keys by default.

IIRC, there was a registry patch out in the wild which changed the default to normal f key operation.

crazyazn

Ahhhh yes.... I knew there was something annoying about the logitech media boards, but had forgotten about their media key scheme overriding the f keys by default.

IIRC, there was a registry patch out in the wild which changed the default to normal f key operation.

I kind of fixed the problem:

I assigned some F-keys to their standard Fx key, and some i assigned for other things. This way I get the Fx keys that I need, and I can have hotkeys as well.

Latest posts