What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need some help, motherboard issue

Overclocker~4.1

Need some help, motherboard issue (new issue as of jan13)

New problem. I decided to turf it. I had a spare board, and with some modding to the MoBo tray, I got the new board in. My problem now is (obviously) the Windows XP on the HDD will not boot. I figured it wouldent. SO! Does anyone on here know how to fix this problemo? I went from a HP Compaq d530 sff (P4SD- thats the MoBo) To a ASUS P4V8X-MX. Any solution to this? I don't care how hard it is to do. I want to try it and see if i can get this Windows XP going again.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Contact Cleaner is the only thing that comes to mind. Could try spraying that in there and hoping for the best, but it sounds like this PC might be time for the garbage.

enaberif

Sounds like you got some leaky capacitors around that socket somewhere that leaked.. I'd say scrap the board..

Overclocker~4.1

Haha, first thing that came to mind when I poped the chip out. scrap it. but unfortunately. my friend has no money to replace it. I am trying my best with a toothbrush and isopropyl. Its working so far. the cleaning anyway. and as far as capacitors go, they are all fine. but we will see when I try to boot it.see if it has any more life in it.

Latest posts