What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need some help overclocking ram

implosion222

So I just discovered that I'm running my ram at waaaay below the advertised speed. in CPU-Z SPD, collum #4 is showing XMP-3200 Frequency : 1600 MHz then in the memory tab my DRAM is at 1070MHz.

So I went into my bios and tried turning on XMP. I get a black screen after I restart the computer. So that leads me to believe that I may have to manually set the ram overclock. I've googled it and I can't find any guides to help me out.

I7 7700k @ clock speed.
Asus Prime z-270A

Can anyone help me out ?

R2Ceeax.jpg

ieYKBxx.jpg

enaberif

If your ram is XMP compatible enabling it should make things run. If it doesn't then you need to manually set up your ram in the bios ensuring proper voltage.

I found with XMP it was hit or miss and always just did things manually.

implosion222

If your ram is XMP compatible enabling it should make things run. If it doesn't then you need to manually set up your ram in the bios ensuring proper voltage.

I found with XMP it was hit or miss and always just did things manually.

I have no idea how to set my ram manually , honestly I've looked up guides and I'm no further ahead.

Pabz0r545

Have you tried "training" your ram? Boot in at 2133. Then 2400. One step at a time all the way up to 3200.

Also are you running the latest version of your bios?

implosion222

Have you tried "training" your ram? Boot in at 2133. Then 2400. One step at a time all the way up to 3200.

Also are you running the latest version of your bios?

its not running the latest bios but I'm extremely weary of flashing it, because if it aint broke dont fix it. Do I have to change any of my timings on my ram ? what about voltage ?

enaberif

its not running the latest bios but I'm extremely weary of flashing it, because if it aint broke dont fix it. Do I have to change any of my timings on my ram ? what about voltage ?

No need to flash.

Set your timings and voltage to your ram specs.

Latest posts