What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need something to test airflow (canned smoke?)

Mibs

I was watching a clip on g4tv.com when i was looking around the net for info on air cooling. Here is a link to that clip. G4 - Feature - Yoshi's Mods: PC Case Airflow
So I noticed he used a can of smoke to demonstrate airflow and I thought that would be the perfect thing to help create the most efficient setup. So does anybody know where you can find these? Or even something that would serve the same purpose. I just got something from a friend and the local electric and plumbing store where you had to light it and hell did it generate alot of smoke but it was so uncontrolled that now my entire house is full of smoke. Anyone have any suggestions? I saw something on a couple websites that was used to test smoke detectors but I'm not sure if it would work or not.

Unklmo

ciggie is the first thing that comes to mind, other than than, you can always try some of those incense cones. light one(or two) and place 'em inside your pc?

lcdguy

don't use cigarette smoke since it will leave a residue and stink up your computer. I would try something like dry ice or a fog machine.

Das Capitolin

Here's an idea: make a suspended panel scale. It's easy: take a coat hanger wire frame, use string to attach and hang a playing card or piece of paper, and make a small ruler along the bottom.

grinder

that looks awesome, i want one now _just because_. thx edgedamage

Latest posts

Twitter