What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nehalem- New Intel CPU (X58 chipset)

omgwtf

Its not worth to get ddr3's right now..and as for nehalem I have the same opinion as b1lk1 and some other fellow lads stated.

Battery

Battery

If we had to guess, we’d bet that Intel is prepping these processors as part of an updated Skulltrail platform
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-nehalem-overclock,5573.html

how much do ya think that mobo'd cost? how much was the skulltrail when if first launched?? is it possible to initially only have one processor in it or do you need to filler-up from the get go?

COMPLETELY OFFTOPIC: for a '98 movie Godzilla had awesome cg!!

Battery

i'm betting that theres gonna be an increase in speed with a 1:1 ratio - less work for the memory controller and even less latency.

lowfat

Staff member
(Sorry for OT)

Wow! That price almost makes going to SSD for OS and programs worth thinking about. Two of those babies in RAID0! S-s-s-smokin!
Tell me about it.... I am almost sure I am pulling the trigger on the 64GB tomorrow. Although I'll be throwing it in my MacBook Pro as it is my main computer. And it prices drop anytime in the near future, I'll throw a bigger faster SSD in the MBP, and move the 64GB OCZ Core SSD to my PC.

Lima

Hey people, I got a question. Is X58 gonna be exclusive to Nehalem or are they gonna make socket LGA-775 X58 motherboards as well? Any word?

encorp

I'm pretty sure it'll be Nehalem and beyond but not 775 etc. Considering the Bios actually changes a lot of things, FSB, SLI+XFire etc... I dont think anyone knows for sure yet though so it remains to be seen.

lowfat

Staff member
I'm pretty sure it'll be Nehalem and beyond but not 775 etc. Considering the Bios actually changes a lot of things, FSB, SLI+XFire etc... I dont think anyone knows for sure yet though so it remains to be seen.
you missed the point where X58 has no memory controller. Pretty sure X58 will not be for LGA775 since it is missing this key point.

Twitter