What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nehalem- New Intel CPU (X58 chipset)

encorp

God I can't wait, I want a kick ass Asus board with an intel chipset and SLI! WOOOH

MpG

I'm torn between this board and the MSI Eclipse. I like the easy volt monitoring and I've had good experiences with the Asus' BIOS. On the other hand, Asus' sound cards can seriously go rot, that top PCI-Ex1 slot is useless for anything else, and their heatsinks are starting to get a little overdone. And I've been hearing some good things about MSI's DrMOS power circuits, and their board layout looks pretty solid.

But yeah, either way, my credit card's going to be in some pain... :haha:

encorp

Yeah I've just not been a fan of MSI before, but their X58 offerings seem a lot closer to what I'd be interested in. We'll wait and see, but I'm liking both the offerings from ASUS so far, that board and the P6NT look sweet!

cwestwell

Hmm I have decided to wait until the 2ND gen Boards for Intel this time around..I will be building up the rest of the rig instead...CF my 4870X2 get a 30" LCD a bigger better cooling solution..then after all that start looking at the new Intel chips and boards by then some people will have laid the ground work for Overclocking on these new tech Mobo's.

MpG

Hmm I have decided to wait until the 2ND gen Boards for Intel this time around..I will be building up the rest of the rig instead...CF my 4870X2 get a 30" LCD a bigger better cooling solution..then after all that start looking at the new Intel chips and boards by then some people will have laid the ground work for Overclocking on these new tech Mobo's.
I hope Intel doesn't pull a P35/45 and X38/48 with this generation. I got shafted both times on that! :blarg:

Now that I think about it, there are going to be a lot more people experimenting with the Asus offering, and thus, more people to compare notes with. Hmm...

biff

Oh good, I see they have 3 channel mem. That means that my current redlines are NFG. I'll be holding off a while on these but still nice to see improvements.

Latest posts

Twitter