What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nehalem- New Intel CPU (X58 chipset)

Dashock

all this talk makes me want a nehalem tat much moooree and im an ex amd fan boy.............

magictorch

This all looks very impressive but I think ill sit it out and wait for the price cuts. Higher end hardware depreciates quickly so they'll probably be some great deals on X58 boards, DDR3 and cpus in the spring of 2009.

mailaw

Definitely going to do the same and wait for good prices before my upgrade.

Anyone else can go ahead and get them though right with their release and inform the rest of us on them. :)

Dashock

Im considering upgrading to a decent 45mn quad or dual so it will last me till the desktop nehalems come out i hear a lot of talk of q3-q4 2009 and im sure the first cpus are all gonna be 1000 dollars plus........arghh soo hard to decide maybe i should get a used system all i need a cpu,ram,motherboard.

Osnaz

Whys everyone want to wait for prices to come down? prices are pretty low for nehalem anyways, with the 2.66Ghz quad core being only $284 (plus its got overclocking). Its aldready pretty cheap, so I wouldnt believe that price drops are going to be significant. I wonder if itll be part of the intel retail edge program.... dang thatd be awesome:bananafunky:

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
I'm a bit bewildered. I've seen leaked info for X58 boards supporting SLi, via the nForce 200. But why? The GF6/7 series would work on any chipset in SLi with the 'proper' drivers :whistle:. Is Nvidia still that anal that they won't let Intel in? Or have they done some low level hardware mumbo jumbo to link SLi to their somewhat crappy chipsets on the 8 series and up.

zlojack

It's probably going to be something in the drivers that look for that chip in order to enable SLI. As we know, 2 PCIE 2.0 16X lanes should be able to run SLI.

Cash grab.

encorp

It's just a way for Nvidia to reap financial benefits by still selling chips even though they allow Intel to use SLI. It's a good idea, because instead of just making money off licensing you make money in the fabrication of the chips etc.

Latest posts