What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Network cable in Ottawa.

Skyllz

Know of a good place to pick up a box of Cat5 in Ottawa? most computer shops are over 150$ for 1000ft... I know those can be found under 100, i'm just trying to find out where :thumb:

LarkStarr

I have no experience at buying boxes of this stuff, but wouldn't a hardware store be a better place to look for better prices on cabling?

lcdguy

Know of a good place to pick up a box of Cat5 in Ottawa? most computer shops are over 150$ for 1000ft... I know those can be found under 100, i'm just trying to find out where :thumb:
Have you tried active components on merivale yet. They sell this kind of thing. Also is there specific reason you need bulk cable. (ie doing inwall runs) or could you get by with premade cables as i have ordered from monoprice before and the prices are dirt cheap and quality cables.

I have no experience at buying boxes of this stuff, but wouldn't a hardware store be a better place to look for better prices on cabling?

Actually not always as since most hardware stores don't carry much stock. there is generally a large markup on this type of product. Which is why it's better to go with a store that specializes in this type of product such as Active Components or if you don't mind ordering online monoprice.

Skyllz

could you get by with premade cables as i have ordered from monoprice before and the prices are dirt cheap and quality cables.
They just poured the foundation of my new house, once the walls are up, i'm going to wire it up to the tits in Cat5... :whistle:

SugarJ

Staff member
Actually, you should wire in Cat 6 so you can do 1000 Mbps networking. I don't think Cat 5 is rated for over 100 Mbps.

And Monoprice has 1000' bulk cable as well. $65 for Cat 5e and $95 for Cat 6.

Skyllz

Actually, you should wire in Cat 6 so you can do 1000 Mbps networking. I don't think Cat 5 is rated for over 100 Mbps.

And Monoprice has 1000' bulk cable as well. $65 for Cat 5e and $95 for Cat 6.
Monoprice ends up being 70$ shipping to my place... bastards...

I found a place in Ottawa, I'm picking up a box of Cat5 and maybe Cat6 tomorrow, i'll see the price difference.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter