What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Network equipment upgrades

Prickly007

Overwhelmed, I am not a damn millennial. :p Out of my depth, for now. Given the available resources, I can likely research my way out of any problem; just a question of how many minutes... who are we kiding, hours... will be sunk into each issue.

sswilson

Staff member
Lots of resources out there to help you out on security, privacy, networking, etc...

I don't change the oil on my vehicles.
I do have a vegetable garden.
I do run my own storage system and wifi.
I don't clean my own eaves-droughts.
I do shovel my own driveway.
I don't cut my own lawn.

Cost/benefit analysis plus hobbies, preferences, risks, detests drive these choices. If you feel overwhelmed or out of depth at this stage, it's only going to get worse :)
We did our own snow removal for years, but hired a contractor a few years back when I was incapacitated (surgery) during the main snow season. It was such a joy to have the end crap magically disappear overnight that we kept it, and never looked back. :)

JD

Staff member
Not really relevant anymore since you bought the UDM, but the new AmpliFi Alien looks interesting (other than the poor name choice): https://amplifi.com/alien

Seems similar to the UDM, but consumer oriented and WiFi-6 capable.

Latest posts

Twitter