What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Network Tools

lcdguy

I feel silly asking this here. But i am need of a good network tester that is fairly affordable. (under$200) all i really need it to do is be able to check for cable runs. (alot of my work network is undocumented and i plan to remedy that)

JD

Staff member
Not sure if you'll get anything good at under $200. Depends what your really looking for though...

I believe Fluke is the brand to look to though.

JD

Staff member
my company can not afford fluke (i work for an NGO) all i am looking for is something that can detect if a port is live or not.
Plug a laptop in? I'm sure there must be a laptop around that you could use. Then it's totally free.

Canker

Good, or good enough?

DealExtreme: $41.64 Multi-purpose Remote Network RJ45/Phone RJ11 Cable Tester and Tracer with Audible Feedback

Or perhaps this:

DealExtreme: $75.34 2.5" LCD 5E/6E/Coaxial and Telephone Cable Tester (4*AA)

Shipping from DX typically takes about a month, but it does get there.

I feel silly asking this here. But i am need of a good network tester that is fairly affordable. (under$200) all i really need it to do is be able to check for cable runs. (alot of my work network is undocumented and i plan to remedy that)

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter