What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Network Tools

lcdguy

Folding Team
I feel silly asking this here. But i am need of a good network tester that is fairly affordable. (under$200) all i really need it to do is be able to check for cable runs. (alot of my work network is undocumented and i plan to remedy that)

JD

Staff member
Not sure if you'll get anything good at under $200. Depends what your really looking for though...

I believe Fluke is the brand to look to though.

lcdguy

Folding Team
Not sure if you'll get anything good at under $200. Depends what your really looking for though...

I believe Fluke is the brand to look to though.

my company can not afford fluke (i work for an NGO) all i am looking for is something that can detect if a port is live or not.

JD

Staff member
my company can not afford fluke (i work for an NGO) all i am looking for is something that can detect if a port is live or not.
Plug a laptop in? I'm sure there must be a laptop around that you could use. Then it's totally free.

Canker

Good, or good enough?

DealExtreme: $41.64 Multi-purpose Remote Network RJ45/Phone RJ11 Cable Tester and Tracer with Audible Feedback

Or perhaps this:

DealExtreme: $75.34 2.5" LCD 5E/6E/Coaxial and Telephone Cable Tester (4*AA)

Shipping from DX typically takes about a month, but it does get there.

I feel silly asking this here. But i am need of a good network tester that is fairly affordable. (under$200) all i really need it to do is be able to check for cable runs. (alot of my work network is undocumented and i plan to remedy that)

Latest posts