What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New 10.1 inch Tablet Display from Samsung 2,560 x 1,600 Resolution

Sam_Reynolds

News Editor
Samsung reports that it is ready to unveil its new 10.1 inch LCD screen with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 at next week's SID Display Week 2011 International Symposium in Los Angeles.

This resolution amounts to 300 DPI, and is far greater than any other tablet display on the market. In comparison, the current iPad has a resolution of 1,024 x 768 ... [ Read full article ]

Nic-CM

Cooler Master USA
That's a bit too much resolution for such a small size. Just useless more or less.

It would probably be fine as long as icons, text, and such were specifically engineered to display legibly on that screen. I'd imagine that this won't be all that appealing until there's a new standard in HDTV and movie resolutions (e.g. UHD or ultra HD).

Arinoth

Staff member
The average user is happy with his desktop display and normally doesn't put it to the highest setting as it makes everything look small on his 19" monitor, whereas mobile devices are currently the hot item and everyone wants better.

LarkStarr

highest setting? most displays only have one setting :p

to Nic - but would there be any actual gain of information at that kind of resolution? I'm pretty sure the icons would look quite similar..

enaberif

highest setting? most displays only have one setting :p

to Nic - but would there be any actual gain of information at that kind of resolution? I'm pretty sure the icons would look quite similar..

Displays have one "optimal" setting but can use many different.

And believe it or not some people are in fact blind enough to not notice a monitor being set to the proper resolution.

Latest posts