What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New AMD graphs, link taken from the HWC twitter post

Dwayne

You can select the game, see the results as tested by AMD themselves. I give them full credit for adding numbers to their bar graphs, and being fairly open on their testing too. Still, I trust the 3rd party reviewers to give these a thorough going over.

I am intrigued at the SAM stuff, and also how well the on die cache will work. Since I have the X570 board, and will buy a 5900X CPU I am curious to see the 3rd party reviewers take on how well the Smart Access Memory works. Their graphs look impressive, but I am wary of the results.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Wow. I need to know more and how accurate this is. According to those chards...IF 'sam' is making that big a difference to bring the 6800xt within spitting distance of the 3090...Holy smokes ecosystem lock-in performance is amazing, but is scary, too.

Proprietary technologies never end up good for the consumer...

Bond007

Wow is right. That is some serious performance per $ if independantly repeatable. Sounds great on paper...

Last edited:

gingerbee

damn it AMD it was such an easy choice before you went and dropped these cards I was buying a 3060/70 now I am really not sure what to do still leaning towards RTX for raytracing cause that's all I want everything [email protected] with full raytracing

Entz

yeah I am full on waiting for benchmarks now. I know I would regret paying the going rate for a non-reference 3080 only to have it beat by ~900 6800XT.