What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed New AMD X570 Build

Dwayne

Just wanted to post some pictures of the parts and the build. Kind of showing off, kind of preserving this until the forum dies :) I have other builds in here from when I first joined in 2008, so it is fun to look back and see those.

Not picture in the boxes are the Kraken X73, Corsair RM 1000x PSU

I have to say that the Lian Li case is a breeze to work in, but it has a bit of a wide footprint. My temps are pretty good though, I am very happy with the config of the fans.

All in all, I am quite happy with how it turned out. It will be nice to get the 5900X some day, and a new GPU when we see what AMD has to offer in comparison to the 3080.

Thanks for looking. Cheers.

Dwayne

I didn't try an other fan set up, but from my limited experience with the case I feel this is the best flow for the CPU cooling, while keeping the GPU reasonable. The 3 side fans exhausting case heat seem to work, and my 3600X idles around 8C over ambient (around 29C right now). The video card is an EVGA 2080 XC Ultra gaming, and with a custom fan curve and a mild over clock the card rarely hits 70C while gaming. The 3 fans at the bottom drawing in air provide ample fresh air and the exhaust from the AIO at the top into the case mixes with the cool air and is probably moved away from the video card well enough by the side fans.

Thanks for looking!

Bond007

Seems like pretty good temps to me. The sideways fans seem to make fan planning a bit more odd, but that seems to work. Sucks having the bottom front intake pretty much immediately exhausted, but it would probably look odd without it (and it looks good with it). I can’t think of anything I would change.

Nice work!

GeezerGamer

I would think the GPU fans would suck that cool intake air right away for maximum effect....yes?

Ahhh I see in regards to the fan at bottom closest to the front, still I think it will do the case some good...?

Helps contribute to the positive case pressure!

Dwayne

Seems like pretty good temps to me. The sideways fans seem to make fan planning a bit more odd, but that seems to work. Sucks having the bottom front intake pretty much immediately exhausted, but it would probably look odd without it (and it looks good with it). I can’t think of anything I would change.

Nice work!

Thanks. I think that without the front fan it would look very odd., and it is probably wasted, but balanced!

Looks awesome man. Love it!

Much appreciated. I am very happy with the build. The case is a show piece for sure. The extra cost for the fans the the sleeved cabling went against my Scottish nature though. But I think it turned out great.

I would think the GPU fans would suck that cool intake air right away for maximum effect....yes?

Ahhh I see in regards to the fan at bottom closest to the front, still I think it will do the case some good...?

Helps contribute to the positive case pressure!

If nothing else the front fan can help stir up the exhaust from the AIO, I hope.

Latest posts

Twitter