What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Auzentech Vs Older Auzentech.

Slik

I have had my Auzentech Prelude for a couple of years now. For a while. they were no longer available. Now they are back and I wonder what,if any changes or uogrades have been made to them. If so, I will be getting a new one right now.

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
What's wrong with the one you have?

I wondered the same thing- they went on sale for very low prices when they seemed to be EOLing them, but now they're back...must have realized that they weren't directly competing with the forte somehow.

enaberif

What's wrong with the one you have?

I wondered the same thing- they went on sale for very low prices when they seemed to be EOLing them, but now they're back...must have realized that they weren't directly competing with the forte somehow.
I'd say they realized that PCI-E sound cards aren't as popular as some would have thought.

SugarJ

Staff member
I think that's because board builders keep putting the PCI-Ex1 slot right beside the PCI-Ex16 slots, and they get covered up by our dual-slot GPU's. Most people don't realize you can put the PCI-Ex1 cards in ANY PCI-E slot.

MpG

I think that's because board builders keep putting the PCI-Ex1 slot right beside the PCI-Ex16 slots, and they get covered up by our dual-slot GPU's. Most people don't realize you can put the PCI-Ex1 cards in ANY PCI-E slot.
Mind, in some boards, that automatically downclocks the primary PCI-E slot to x8.

Robscix

The Forte and new HTHD 7.1 are not direct competitorsto the Prelude. Either card is not meant to suprass the Prelude 7.1...

I am thking there will probably be a new card coming so that IS mean to surpass the Prelude 7.1.

For now that the Prelude 7.1 is pretty much the king of the hardware gaming card. The Forte is also up there but as I said, not really a competitor, just offering a few different features, PCI-E, can amp..etc