What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Build Device manager problem

Francis

I built a computer using the A10-5800k paired with the HD6670 video card I am also using a MSI motherboard (A85XMA-E35).
The problem I have discovered is that when I go into the device manger there is an other device there, that shows pci device and sm bus controller both have the yellow exclamation mark next to them.

Prior to noticing this I had updated my motherboard to the latest version(2.2), which fixed a minor issue I was having. According to the MSI Live update I have version 13.152.1.8000 Chipset drivers. On the MSI website for my motherboard it shows AMD Chipset version 13.101.0.0. It seems based on the numeric values that I have the very latest of the Chipset already installed. Not sure what to do here, kind of lost.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Birk

Did you try to reinstall the MB drivers after you updated the Bios? Might be worth pulling the drivers off and reinstalling them.

Francis

Not sure what to do as it seems the MSI site has a earlier version of the chipset drivers(based on numeric values-my initial post) on there. If I have a later version and I go back to an earlier version what are the consequences? I don't want to hose the MB.

enaberif

Not sure what to do as it seems the MSI site has a earlier version of the chipset drivers(based on numeric values-my initial post) on there. If I have a later version and I go back to an earlier version what are the consequences? I don't want to hose the MB.

1) Grab CD from motherboard box
2) Insert CD into cd drive
3) Autorun
4) Install ALL drivers
5) Update drivers later

Francis

I have updated all drivers for this motherboard from the CD already (before the BIOS update). Not sure what going back is going to do, can you explain? Did you look at my initial post? Thanks for the help...

Birk

The drivers wont ruin the motherboard, Rolling back to an earlier driver wont do any physical harm

enaberif

I have updated all drivers for this motherboard from the CD already (before the BIOS update). Not sure what going back is going to do, can you explain? Did you look at my initial post? Thanks for the help...

Then you missed one or having something plugged in that its not recognizing. Motherboard cds always come with all the drivers that are needed/required.

Francis

New drama, I can't find my motherboard CD(I think my wife moved while cleaning GRRRR!!). Can I download the chipset drivers from MSI?

Latest posts