What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

new build for content creation and gaming ?

canwax

I am from India need a 1080p video editing/2D rendering /music gaming a little bit 3D rendering build as soon as possible it's urgent that can run adobe premiere pro, photoshop, Toon Boom Animation, blender,fl studio, I even poted on toms hardware forums but didn't get the detailed help for the build I was asking for I need a precise build not overkill or under because remaining money I would save to buy 1440P 2K content creation monitor with colour accurate display,8 to 10TB storage and backup, SSD for editing/work,wiacom, headphone, soundbar, keyboard and mouse, I need a build that can run every editing/rendering/music software without any hiccups or glitches, I am not a fan of RGB fans or led, I am thinking of putting the build together by myself so a good short build video , detailed build video would be a great help and low noise desktop and low temperature and great airflow and I don't know much about tech means no tech expert , system specs for 2D rendering and different spes for 3D renderings.

Last edited:

canwax

If you are running Adobe, Intel is Adobe friendly. Do you need thunderbolt?
yeah, I would be running just adobe premiere pro and DaVinci Resolve for editing is AMD not friendly with adobe is it minor, is it not okay if it has notable differences then I would think about intel, I think AMD is an overall better option overall but I would wait for better opinion until I get the satisfying answer without any error or compromise in build and I think I would need thunderbolt for display is thunderbolt important what are pros of having thunderbolt and cons of not having thunderbolt.

moocow

I'm not familiar with those software since I only use my PC for gaming and watching YT. I would suggest you review Puget Systems benchmarks. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain any of the 11th gen Intel benchmarks so you may need to do a bit more digging online.

As for Thunderbolt, if you really really really need it then Intel is pretty much the only way to go. Not sure if there's more than 1 AMD motherboard that supports Thunderbolt and I heard it's not all that stable. I don't really see the point of TB on a PC unless you really need that fast external storage or actually have devices that use TB. Unless you can find a TB monitor without DisplayPort equivent performance wise, then it's pretty useless. If you're doing this as a hobby, it's not very wise investment IMO.

canwax

I
I'm not familiar with those software since I only use my PC for gaming and watching YT. I would suggest you review Puget Systems benchmarks. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain any of the 11th gen Intel benchmarks so you may need to do a bit more digging online.

As for Thunderbolt, if you really really really need it then Intel is pretty much the only way to go. Not sure if there's more than 1 AMD motherboard that supports Thunderbolt and I heard it's not all that stable. I don't really see the point of TB on a PC unless you really need that fast external storage or actually have devices that use TB. Unless you can find a TB monitor without DisplayPort equivent performance wise, then it's pretty useless. If you're doing this as a hobby, it's not very wise investment IMO.
sorry for the late reply, I would go for an AMD processor and I do not need a thunderbolt, I am not doing this as a hobby it is professional work that I am going to start.

clshades

Davinci uses the video card for final rendering. Making the videos and adding all the filters is cpu and ram tho. Great software, I'm enjoying it.

canwax

in fl studio specs, here:https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase/?id=55&ans=214
do I need intel i7 or i9, AMD 9 5900X, 7 5800X & 5 5600X or 32GB ram there is some bad news about 5000 AMD desktop CPU motherboard here:https://wccftech.com/amd-warns-moth...en-5000-desktop-cpu-bios-support-on-am4-x370/
GPU price:https://mdcomputers.in/graphics-card
but GPU that overpriced I cannot buy those GPU I have to wait to just use dedicated GPU on CPU and what editing or software can I run in dedicated
can I run toon boom animation or photoshop or adobe premiere pro

clshades

Ok so how Davinci works is, if you own it, you get more features and video card hardware support. If you use the free version, you don't get access to some things. All rendering would be CPU based. Video cards will be coming soon so don't stress. I'm using a 1080ti right now for rendering and it's fine. Bottom line is, if if you are creating content cpu cores and ram wins every time.

Davinci supports the new AMD cards but it's avoidable with the 5xxx cards and older. Nvidia is still the way to go, with a couple more rendering options you'll use more.

Dunno what the links are about, if you're going Ryzen you'll be x570 or b550. Nothing else. Asus boards boot the fastest from what I've seen personally.

Last edited:

moocow

there is some bad news about 5000 AMD desktop CPU motherboard

That's not relevant for new build. No one should be pairing a X370 motherboard with an AMD 5000 series. AMD already said that motherboard chipset won't support the 5000 series. You shouldn't even get a X470 or B450 with an AMD 5000 series, you risk the machine not booting unless you spend some more time finding the right CPU to update the BIOS. Just buy a B550 or X570 with AMD 5000 series CPU.

If you must get a PC now and can't or won't pay for the insane GPU prices, your only option is go Intel because AMD does not have onboard GPU unless you go extremely low end which doesn't suit your purpose. If you're getting 11th gen, don't bother with i9-11900K.

canwax

thank you both of you guys for your reply, now I understand about and AMD motherboards thank you, I build the system when GPU are available, can you recommend me to step by step build video and or article with detailed or short, which monitor should I get from one of these https://mdcomputers.in/professional-monitors.html
from which PSU company should I get, ram company, SSD company and where can I calculate PSU usage, are RX 580 8GB or 570 okay for video editing or 3D/2D rendering.

Latest posts

Twitter