What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

new build for content creation and gaming ?

moocow

I'm not sure if or how all those editing software will take advantage of the GPU. RX580 and RX570 are technically 2 generations old, but if you really look at the architecture, I think they are 3 generations old because they are a refresh of RX480 and RX470 (?). If you are looking for one, I would aim for RX580 with at least 8GB of memory. If you're waiting for GPU prices to come down before buying a PC, you might have to wait a while. I'm not sure how Nvidia's low hash rate cards will impact pricing since it's only design to lower ETH mining rate. Not sure how it impacts other coins.

I suggest watching Paul's Hardware or bitwit for some suggestions on how to assemble one. I just learned it on my own and lucky didn't kill anything during the process. Killing stuff during diagnostic is another story.

canwax

what are the pros and cons of intel and AMD CPU or GPU should I go with intel for better speed ram.

Last edited:

moocow

Intel:
  • Pro - still faster in single thread application
  • Con - power hungry, locked CPU for all non K post-fix CPU types, only overclock on Z type motherboards, price of Z type motherboard is overprice IMO
AMD:
  • Pro - consumes less power, output less heat, out performance Intel in mutli-core applications, all the CPU are unlocked and you can even overclock on lower spec B type motherboard, you will need a X board if you need more PCI lanes or PCI-E gen 4
  • Con - pricing and availability, Intel performance is 2nd ranked this time around so they are cutting prices on 10th gen CPU
What gives you the impression Intel will give you better RAM speed or support better RAM speed? Look at the CPU specification and see what the native supported RAM speed and buy accordingly. AMD 5000 natively support up to 3200 MHz RAM, you want to overclock then buy something like 3600+. You have to be careful with Intel at the moment, their low end CPU and non-K CPU don't support anything beyond 2600, you can't fix it by putting a non-K into a Z-board. To be honest, I would either get a 10th gen i5-10600 or i9-10900 or wait for 12th gen if I'm going Intel.

canwax

Intel:
  • Pro - still faster in single thread application
  • Con - power hungry, locked CPU for all non K post-fix CPU types, only overclock on Z type motherboards, price of Z type motherboard is overprice IMO
AMD:
  • Pro - consumes less power, output less heat, out performance Intel in mutli-core applications, all the CPU are unlocked and you can even overclock on lower spec B type motherboard, you will need a X board if you need more PCI lanes or PCI-E gen 4
  • Con - pricing and availability, Intel performance is 2nd ranked this time around so they are cutting prices on 10th gen CPU
What gives you the impression Intel will give you better RAM speed or support better RAM speed? Look at the CPU specification and see what the native supported RAM speed and buy accordingly. AMD 5000 natively support up to 3200 MHz RAM, you want to overclock then buy something like 3600+. You have to be careful with Intel at the moment, their low end CPU and non-K CPU don't support anything beyond 2600, you can't fix it by putting a non-K into a Z-board. To be honest, I would either get a 10th gen i5-10600 or i9-10900 or wait for 12th gen if I'm going Intel.
honest

canwax

which AMD motherboard should I buy from one of these please recommend me the best one?
-------------------
and should I buy 1050 ti, dell in specs says to have 6-8GB VRAM for render

should I buy this prebuilt desktop from Lenovo, do you guys think they are overpriced can this prebuilt desktop perform do 3d/2d, music production, editing and it says it is ISV Certifications

do you guys think Hideo Kojima is honest about the Lenovo workstation does it perform better or worse than custom built system

moocow

I personally have zero interest in the ThinkStation line.
  • The P520c is thread limited, don't care if it's a Xeon. If I want a workstation, I might just look at Threadripper instead.
  • Not sure how well Quadro function as a gaming card
  • That is just an ad video by Kojima, just like when AMD's Lisa Siu had a bunch of people praising their stuff. I mean does Louise Hamilton give a fuck about AMD? No! He got a cheque to make a half ass video praising AMD!
As for motherboard to use, I suggest you watch Hardware Unbox B550 reviews on Youtube. They tested a bunch of boards and broken down by price bracket. Not sure how pricing works in India but it should give you some idea of which one to avoid. ASRock cheap boards seems pretty bad. I only use one of their Z490 boards because I got no choice back then.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
You're going to have to do a bit of work identifying what your needs are. You're asking a lot of very basic questions expecting guidance, without providing us much context.

There is simply too many motherboards to say 'this is the best'.

If you're not comfortable making those decisions, it probably doesnt matter what you get, and a prebuilt may be best.

Also, we're not going to write your blog for you ;)

Latest posts

Twitter